Audit Director - Technology
Company: Travelers Canada
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryFinance and Accounting, Premium AuditCompensation
OverviewThe annual base salary range provided for this position is
a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries
for this role across the country. The actual salary for this
position will be determined by a number of factors, including the
scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education,
training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other
conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation
and benefits program, employees are also eligible for
performance-based cash incentive awards.Salary Range$115,600.00 -
$190,700.00Target Openings1What Is the Opportunity?Under general
supervision, responsible for executing all aspects of audits of
technology functions across the company. Through assessment of the
entity's control environment, identifies areas for improvement and
recommends corrective actions to the business. Supports the Program
Director (PD) through on-going communication with business
management and participation in initiatives and projects within the
department. Provides guidance and support to team members to
enhance their capabilities. This job is a team lead.Travelers
offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support
flexibility.What Will You Do?
- Assists the PD as requested in managing the audit team.
- Develops, leads and executes audits of various company
technology functions (including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance reviews),
incorporating an understanding of technology processes, risk
assessment techniques and generally accepted auditing
- Has supervisory responsibility for review of work performed and
leads the most complex audit projects.
- Independently assesses the effectiveness of controls,
determines the potential impact of any control failure and
recommends corrective actions to the business.
- Prepares documentation in adherence to internal audit
professional standards, best practices and Corporate Audit's
- Reviews workpapers to determine completion and adherence to
- Writes audit reports with minimal supervision.
- Performs regular business monitoring of Traveler's IT functions
by maintaining ongoing relationships with key members of business
management, attending meetings and reviewing documentation.
- Monitors the status of existing corrective actions and
schedules validation of completed corrective actions.
- Ensures that all parts of each audit are completed, in addition
to monitoring and reporting time incurred versus time
- Identifies emerging industry issues and assesses any
implications for the company.
- Assists PD with preparation of the quarterly audit results
summary presented to business management. The summary includes the
results of recent audits and the status of issues and corrective
- Proactively trains and develops staff in the application of
various technology audit and risk assessment techniques as well as
provides guidance, support and constructive feedback to team
members and managers.
- Manages additional Corporate Audit projects that support the
department, including, but not limited to, assistance in the
development of the Audit Universe, plan and schedule.
- Develop and support internal improvement initiatives.
- Consistently adheres to internal audit professional standards,
best practices and Corporate Audit's methodology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- BA/BS in Computer Science/MIS or related discipline.
- Thorough knowledge of risk assessment, technology and auditing
- Thorough knowledge of IT Risk Frameworks (COBIT, COSO, NIST,
- Technical Competence:
- Advanced knowledge of insurance business, IT systems and
- Advanced understanding of the relationships between financial,
operational and technology risks and controls as well as the
- Advanced knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Advanced understanding of the audit cycle, universe, plan and
schedule, including business monitoring and SOX validation.
- Advanced skills with commonly used office software including:
MS Office, email and the internet.
- Advanced ability to evaluate the materiality of issues and see
the big picture .
- Ability to utilize critical thinking by applying process
analysis, business intelligence, and problem solving
- Ability to leverage CAATs to improve audit test efficiencies
- Advanced ability to work on multiple, diverse projects
- Advanced ability to work on cross-program department
initiatives that are not related to specific audits.
- Openness to influence, flexibility and self-awareness.
- Ability to act as a role model and motivate others to take
initiative and use intuitive thinking.
- Ability to embrace change and drive improvement and
- Ability to persuade and motivate others through collaboration
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely; disseminate
information about decisions, plans and activities.
- Ability to articulate messages to business management through
formal and informal presentation.
- Advanced ability to write and edit clear and concise work
papers and reports.
- Build Relationships:
- Ability to build productive working relationships with
co-workers, business management and external parties.
- Team Building:
- Ability to successfully coordinate and direct team members
including integrating specialists.
- Ability to mentor the more junior team members in auditing
techniques, principles and the business.What is a Must Have?
- 8 + years of work experience in IT or as an IT Auditor, with
experience in one or more technology disciplines (network,
database, business applications, programming, etc.).
- Certified Information Systems Auditor.
- BA/BS degree required.What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members -
including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible
for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences. -If you are a candidate and have specific
questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please
send us an so we may assist you.Travelers reserves the right to
fill this position at a level above or below the level included in
this posting.To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs
please visit .
Keywords: Travelers Canada, Hartford , Audit Director - Technology, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!