Senior Project Manager
Company: CDM Smith
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work
Join Us! CDM Smith - where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee
experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you.
Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where
your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are
encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools
and resources to do so. Where it's a priority that the company
takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of
choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and
inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership,
career growth and development for every employee. We value
passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class
solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and
together we will make a difference and change the world.Job
Description- Creates project definitions, schedules, budgets and
objectives for projects using lessons learned.
- Prepares detailed statements of work with associated work
breakdown structures and gains concurrence and approval from
internal and external stakeholders regarding various project
- Assesses potential project risk and outlines risk mitigation
- Ensures adherence to company and project management policies,
procedures, and practices.
- Manages project costs and is responsible for ensuring
- Identifies, quantifies, and communicates residual risk (time and
- Creates and reviews timely client billings with internal billing
- Responsible for ensuring timely client payment and follows up on
outstanding client invoices to obtain payment.
- Reviews and approves subcontractor/vendor invoices to ensure
timely payment to outside resources. Performs ongoing review of
- On an ongoing basis, monitors project risks; identifies possible
risks and recommends and implements risk mitigation solutions;
escalates as appropriate.
- Manages project change using change management protocols;
determines appropriate changes or alternate paths based upon
performance and metrics.
- Works in conjunction with team members and internal and external
stakeholders to manage changes to requirements and schedule of the
- Ensures proper review of project scope by safety managers and
proper implementation of safety plans.
- Provides timely response to audit corrective actions identified
by external or internal audits.
- Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent
evaluation, selection, and application of standard engineering or
construction techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Provides guidance to drafters/designers, engineers, craft
workers, other project team members, contractors or
- Develops and implements project resource plan and manages the
staffing of assigned projects.
- Determines and coordinates the proper staffing within the project
including identification of outside resources needed (subs/vendors)
and ensures procurement processes are followed.
- Clearly communicates project deadlines, assignments and
objectives to project team members.
- Assigns work and provides direction to project staff with regard
to timeliness and completion of project objectives. - Coaches
project staff and provides feedback to staff and to project staff's
supervisors on project performance; escalates any performance
issues to appropriate management and human resources.
- Builds, maintains and manages strong client relationships.
- Ensures client satisfaction by delivering quality, on-time
project outcomes as a result of good planning and organizational
skills; manages client expectations.
- Identifies opportunities for change orders and repeat business
though pre-eminent project execution and developed client
- Works collaboratively with sales leaders to evaluate potential
new work and supports the scoping and costing effort.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications-
- 10 years of related experience.
- PMP (PMI), CCM or DBIA certification is required (within 12
months of hire or promotion onto the Approved Project Manager
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The
frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties,
responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position,
which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be
considered in lieu of a degree.Assignment CategoryAmount of Travel
Required10%EEO StatementWe attract the best people in the industry,
supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a
challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career
opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic
locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and
operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and
pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship
status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other
characteristics protected by applicable law.CDM Smith Inc. and its
divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as
"CDM Smith") are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and
its employees adhere to all applicable government and client
COVID-19 requirements.Background Check and Drug Testing
InformationCDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries
(hereafter collectively referred to as "CDM Smith") reserves the
right to require background checks including criminal, employment,
education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when
applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may
conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks
are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the
United States. The timing of when background checks will be
conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States
will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the
background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct
interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal
background check, and no job application submitted prior to such
interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If
this position is subject to a background check for any convictions
related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will
be contingent upon successful completion of a background
investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not
automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during
employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith
client to successfully complete additional background checks,
including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.Agency
DisclaimerAll vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement
Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive
payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any
other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding
terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume
submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center
Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will
not be held liable to pay a placement fee.Pay Range
Minimum$103,563Pay Range Maximum$176,051Business
UnitNAUGroupNEGEmployment TypeRegularNo - We will not support
sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Keywords: CDM Smith, Hartford , Senior Project Manager, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!