Sr Director Disaster Recovery
Company: Travelers Canada
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryTechnologyCompensation OverviewThe annual base
salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market
range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across
the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined
by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and
location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials
and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of
employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits
program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash
incentive awards.Salary Range$118,200.00 - $195,100.00Target
Openings1What Is the Opportunity?Travelers Technology organization
is seeking a senior leader for Disaster Recovery responsible for
planning at a strategic level and driving the vision of the
Business Resiliency program with effective use of team resources.
Leads team to build effective recovery plans and develop processes
& procedures to implement in the event of a crisis. Influences
business and technology leaders to drive sound decision-making.
Responsible for all aspects of human resource management of
staff.Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides expert guidance to and coordinates the efforts of
relevant Technology (infrastructure and application), Business, and
other function leaders in developing, documenting, and validating
recovery procedures & plans.
- Effectively collaborate with Technology (infrastructure and
application) and Security professionals in implementing sound
disaster recovery related solutions.
- Manages team(s) with responsibilities of facilitating the
production of documentation, process training, and arranging
training for recovery procedures to employees.
- Responsible for communicating status, strategic direction, and
results of assigned work.
- Inspires use of automation products to increase availability
and improve -business resiliency across the Enterprise.
- Develop strong relationships with business and technology
leaders and other business continuity and disaster recovery
stakeholders to ensure an integrated approach to both planning and
incident response activities.
- Ensure DR program continues to meet Compliance certification
requirements and remains viable to facilitate an enterprise
recovery from a business disruption
- Build out efficient and scalable templates, systems, processes,
and program metrics as required
- Oversee Disaster Recovery Plans, document preparedness status
and reports to management and track status of any agreed
remediation items to closure
- Assist with other activities as required to develop and
maintain the Resiliency Program,
- Leads the coordination of resolution of complex topics.
Interacts with internal product owners, vendors and other points of
escalation the in the Technology and Business areas.
- Responsible for fulfilling technology audits for respective
technologies. Ensures team compliance with technology standards,
policies, and governance.
- Provides human resources management, including coaching,
performance management, team development and growth, and workforce
- Provides financial/budgetary oversight for team and set of
- Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
- Five years of Technology or Technology Operations experience
- Two years of experience managing others and/or technical teams
required.Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Technology or equivalent from an
- At least 4 years of experience in Business Continuity and
Disaster Recovery.Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical Knowledge
- Able to demonstrate technical expertise across multiple
- Has solid working knowledge of capabilities and direction of
various processes and technologies.
- Able to understand market and industry trends within areas of
- Possesses strong analytical skills in order to effectively
influence recommendations and decision-making, assess impacts,
compare solutions, problem solve, and achieve business and/or
- Fully understands how overall responsibilities fit within
broader operational environment and has strong ability to influence
technology recommendations for the organization.
- Knowledge in SaaS and/or cloud computing
- Certification from DRII or BCI or similar a plus
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of business continuity and
disaster recovery planning techniques, technologies and best
practices, methods used in performing risk analyses and business
impact analyses, as well as DR capabilities in the Cloud
- Experience with Archer is a plus
- Cross-functional project management experience
- Willingness and flexibility to take on work in different areas
- Good organizational skills
- Communication skills:
- Strong written and oral communication at all levels, both
internally and externally.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of
- Effective presentation skills used to influence decisions of
- Business knowledge and partnership:
- Able to demonstrate in-depth understanding of business and
- Able to actively influence and build relationships with a
variety of stakeholders to solve problems and ensure services are
utilized effectively and efficiently.
- Able to provide solutions tailored to meet business
- Team orientation:
- Able to act as a change agent, leads and welcomes innovative
ideas and drives continuous improvement and service
- Able to lead effective partnerships across the organization and
is able to influence Senior Management, peers and subordinates
through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities and
- Able to balance organizational, team, and individual
responsibilities. Leads team to be more balanced and be
- Able to exhibit objective leadership and openness to other
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Able to put success of organization and team above own
- Accountable to drive cross-functional objectives and priorities
and help form a vision for the future.
- Able to effectively influence across multiple teams, leaders,
organizations, and/or enterprise.
- Able to demonstrate the thought leadership necessary to set
broad technical direction and is able to communicate/articulate a
- Able to exhibit the skills needed to be seen as a technical and
process leader within the organization, independently resolves
conflicts, and develops relationships outside the broader
- Able to exhibit team leadership, provides guidance, feedback
and coaching to direct reports.
- Strong ability to influence upward and lead others into 'new'
ways of doing things.
- Ability to build and inspire a fully functioning team,
proactively takes initiative to improve team and set high
- Able to provide leadership for functional objectives and
priorities across multiple technologies, platforms and teams.
- Supports management decisions and acts as a change
- Financial awareness:
- Should be well-versed in how budgets and chargebacks operate as
related to designated technology.#LI-Remote Environmental / Work
Schedules / Other
- Weekend, overnight, and holiday work hours occur on an as
needed basisEmployment PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity
employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual
brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in
numerous ways from our differences. -If you are a candidate and
have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this
role, please send us an so we may assist you.Travelers reserves the
right to fill this position at a level above or below the level
included in this posting.To learn more about our comprehensive
benefit programs please visit .
Keywords: Travelers Canada, Hartford , Sr Director Disaster Recovery, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!