Product Manager, Custom Oligo Synthesis - Horizon Discovery (REMOTE)
Company: PerkinElmer, Inc.
Posted on: November 27, 2022
Location Boston, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-028531
Who are we?
Horizon Discovery, a PerkinElmer company, drives the application of
gene editing and gene modulation to enable world-leading academic
institutes, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, as well as
clinical diagnostic laboratories, to identify the genetic drivers
behind human disease, develop and validate diagnostic workflows,
and deliver new therapies for precision medicine. With more than a
decade of experience in the engineering of cell lines, Horizon
offers innovative services including the Dharmacon suite of gene
discovery tools with the ability to modulate, or permanently alter,
the function of almost any gene in human and other mammalian cell
Horizon is headquartered in Cambridge, UK with offices in Boulder,
Colorado, USA and Japan.
This is an exceptional opportunity to have global reach and
influence through strategic portfolio management to drive the
current business needs and set the direction of future new product
introductions. This is a fully-remote opportunity!
Align the needs of the customer with corporate objectives, the
Product Manager will have key responsibilities that include, but
are not limited to:
* Proactively gather & analyze oligonucleotide synthesis market
conditions, technical trends, VoC insights, and competitive
landscape to build the business strategy, define product
requirements, and launch new product offerings to further grow our
market leadership position over the next 3-5 years.
* Leverage in-depth knowledge and understanding of customer needs
and buying behaviors to strengthen targeted segmentation
* Build relationships with key internal stakeholders (e.g.,
R&D, Commercial, Customer Support, Marketing), external
collaborators, and industry groups to gather intelligence that
inform process improvement and product innovation.
* Work directly with sales, manufacturing, chemistry, and project
management teams for large scale custom RNA and DNA oligo projects,
including feasibility and profitability for novel product
offerings, as well as production of oligos critical to partner
* Develop pricing models that align with revenue and margin
* In partnership with the marketing team, ensure consistent
language and strategic narrative in marketing campaigns and
collateral for continuity across internal and external
* Supporting the sales team through, trainings, collateral
development, joint customer visits and regular communication.
* Work with the Technical Support team to identify how to resolve
issues for unsatisfied customers.
* Bachelor's Degree AND
* A minimum of five years of experience in product management
* BSc in a related scientific discipline, MBA or PhD is
* Significant experience in life sciences industry, mix of
technical experience and customer facing roles, e.g., strategic
marketing, sales support, or product management. Support of oligo
manufacturing strongly preferred
* Strategic and tactical business acumen with experience of driving
profitability and growth
* Experience conducting market analysis and customer insights
* Ability to understand and translate customer needs into
* Passionate about your product portfolio, uses compelling science
and business analysis to influence
* Ability to work with global and remote teams
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
Keywords: PerkinElmer, Inc., Hartford , Product Manager, Custom Oligo Synthesis - Horizon Discovery (REMOTE), Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!