Director, Analytics & Research
Company: Travelers Canada
Posted on: November 27, 2022
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryData Analytics, Data ScienceCompensation OverviewThe
annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide
market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role
across the country. The actual salary for this position will be
determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity
and location of the role; the skills, education, training,
credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions
of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and
benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based
cash incentive awards.Salary Range$135,200.00 - $223,100.00Target
Openings1What Is the Opportunity?Travelers Data Scientists are
taking the organization to the next level of intelligence by using
advanced statistical techniques and machine learning algorithms. As
a Director & Data Scientist, you will build complex models that
solve key business problems. This may include the use of advanced
artificial intelligence techniques to analyze imagery, text, and
other unstructured data. You will communicate insights and tell the
story using data to senior leaders. This role may manage others.In
Claim Business Intelligence and Analytics we are passionate about
creating meaningful analytics that improve workflows and outcomes.
In this role candidates will lead ML modeling projects that support
Workers Compensation claim operations. Candidates will support
claim business strategies by collaborating with business partners.
This role offers the opportunity for an experienced modeler to
partner with and lead newer modelers on the team. Experience with
insurance and/or WC products is a plus.What Will You Do?
- Lead business or technical projects focused on the design or
development of analytical solutions.
- Share expertise with the community through discussions,
presentations, or peer reviews.
- Begin to challenge conventional thinking and set and manage
expectations with business partners for large projects, generate
and share ideas, and be aware of potential conflicts.
- Anticipate potential objections and persuade senior-level
colleagues to adopt a different point of view.
- Communicate analysis, insights, and results to team, peers,
business partners, and occasionally to senior leaders. You will
lead group discussions and tailor communication to the
- Be a mentor or resource for less experienced analytic talent,
onboard new employees and interns, and provide support for
recruiting and talent assessment efforts.
- Support various training and skill development initiatives,
including delivering training to the analytics community
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- Masters in STEM related field or equivalent
- 5 or more years of related experience
- Subject matter expertise in modeling/ research/ analytics or
- Subject matter expertise in value creation and business model
- Subject matter expertise in multiple statistical software
- Ability to develop highly complex models, interpret model
results and recommend adjustments
- Expertise in advanced statistics underlying data models
- Ability to apply emerging statistical procedures to complex
- Subject matter expertise in 3-5 of the following: Regression,
Classification, Machine Vision, Natural Language Processing, Deep
Learning and Statistical modeling.What is a Must Have?
- Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Sciences,
Actuarial Science or related analytical STEM field plus five years
of experience or any suitable and equivalent combination of
education and work experience.
- Heavy concentration in mathematics, including statistics and
programming, business intelligence/analytics, as well as data
science tools and research using large data sets. Additional
verification of specific coursework will be required.What Is in It
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members -
including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible
for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences. -If you are a candidate and have specific
questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please
send us an so we may assist you.Travelers reserves the right to
fill this position at a level above or below the level included in
this posting.To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs
please visit .
Keywords: Travelers Canada, Hartford , Director, Analytics & Research, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!