Sr. Project Director, B&SI Claim Strategic Initiatives
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. Thats the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryTechnologyCompensation OverviewThe annual base
salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market
range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across
the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined
by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and
location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials
and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of
employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits
program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash
incentive awards.Salary Range$114,400.00 - $188,800.00Target
Openings1What Is the Opportunity?The Sr. Project Director, B&SI
Claim Strategic Initiatives partners with leaders across B&SI
Management Liability Claim, other B&SI business units and
strategic support units, and multiple lines of business across
Travelers to drive strategic initiatives ensuring alignment and
integration across strategy and business planning activities. This
leader will be responsible for leading analysis, development and
refinement of strategies, articulation of future capabilities needs
and assessment of conceptual ideas that feed into strategic
execution. These are efforts involving significant risk and
complexity, large numbers of resources, organizational change
issues, and support achievement of enterprise and/or strategic
corporate goals.What Will You Do?
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the B&SI Claim
leadership team, the B&SI Claim Management Liability team, and
the Strategic Initiatives community.
- Partner with others to ensure alignment on purpose, progress,
and resource requirements needed to achieve business
- Establish engagement model with the B&SI Claim Management
Liability business units to drive more holistic and robust
planning, initiative prioritization, resource planning, and
strategic roadmap development.
- Provide strong strategic leadership, direction, and execution
- Control the planning and execution of initiatives and projects
to ensure that established objectives, cost, time, and quality
goals are met.
- Apply advanced Project Management knowledge, skills, tools, and
techniques to deliverables, processes, and systems in order to meet
or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 9 years of project management experience preferred.
- 3 years of experience managing others and/or project teams
- Manages team development, very active in the mentoring of
members of the PM community, may have direct management
responsibility of PMs.
- Charged with mid-Project recovery of at risk Projects.
- Recommends rescoping, postponement, or cancellation as
- Provides substantive feedback to organizational learnings
regarding improving Project Management execution.What is a Must
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 5 years of project management experience required.What Is in It
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members
including spouses, domestic partners, and children are eligible for
coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, youre
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences.If you are a candidate and have specific questions
regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an
email (4-ESU@travelers.com) so we may assist you.Travelers reserves
the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level
included in this posting.To learn more about our comprehensive
benefit programs please visit
Keywords: Travelers, Hartford , Sr. Project Director, B&SI Claim Strategic Initiatives, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!