Operations Manager - Boiler & Machinery Insurance
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. Thats the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryOperationsCompensation OverviewThe annual base
salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market
range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across
the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined
by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and
location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials
and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of
employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits
program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash
incentive awards.Salary Range$96,100.00 - $158,500.00Target
Openings1What Is the Opportunity?Reports to Assistant Vice
President, Operations or Operations Director. Implements strategic
and tactical operational initiatives. Effectively manage operations
and processes associated with policy service activities (i.e.,
support business from initial submission through policy issuance
and accounting for the policy life cycle). Implement and execute
performance standards and monitor those standards. Collaborate with
underwriting, headquarters and service staff to identify training
needs, assess quality/performance standards for the account
support/services staff and ensure priorities are responsive to
marketing, underwriting and retention decisions. Assure all related
activities are delivered in a manner consistent with customer
service and expense management focus. Accountable to direct/manage
the account services activities for one or multiple remote sites
(i.e., 4 - 7 locations, larger territory, regional revenue of over
$115 million. Staff managed range of approximately 12 - 40.
Participates in the strategic, as well as the tactical, policy,
workflow and performance standards
development/implementation.Travelers offers a hybrid work location
model that is designed to support flexibility.What Will You Do?
- Participate in the implementation of long and short term
business strategies to effectively achieve policy service
- Implement and participate in the development of tactical
business planning and monitoring decisions/activities designed to
support underwriting decisions which are consistent with business
- Participate in the implementation of operational and policy
service strategies, policies, workflow processes and standards.
Ensure effective utilization of these strategies, policies,
- Manage account support activities to meet production goals;
assure compliance and performance standards are achieved; provide
management information as necessary; and utilize all available
resources in a cost effective manner.
- Reconcile financial and operational results to ensure all
information is correct (i.e. overdue, hit ratio, skip list, etc.).
Take corrective action as necessary.
- Provide management information reports.
- Act in a collaborative capacity with service, billing, HO, etc.
to resolve problems/issues quickly. Establish priorities and make
- Assure that our contractual commitments are met.
- Manage the effective implementation of new technologies and the
utilization of existing systems.
- Resolve operation matters resulting in bottleneck situations to
assure business results are not negatively affected by operational
- Establish and maintain positive and productive relationships
through on-going dialogue with UW Management, Underwriters &
- Meet with them to assess operations performance and
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal
resources (e.g., Claim, Operations, etc.) to coordinate the
delivery of all related services to clients.
- Maintain an appropriate level of customer service.
- Participate in major projects as assigned.
- Perform all necessary staff management functions to support
profit, growth and expense management goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
Have?Supervision of staff.Property Casualty knowledge.Policy
service background.Basic understanding of underwriting and
marketing functions and environments.Systems background.Clearly
expresses ideas orally and in writing.Listens to and understands
what others are saying.Shares information and maintains
confidentiality Business Knowledge.Solid understanding of P&C
products and services.Conceptual knowledge of marketing products
and services.Working knowledge of workflow related to all support
activities.Knows how to get things done.Decision-Making and Problem
- Sound underwriting, pricing and problem resolution
- Able to develop new methods and/or approaches to achieving
- Identify and resolve process deficiencies and quality control
issues across the team.
- Ability to effectively evaluate complex information and make
the right decision.
- Is resourceful in solving problems.
- Takes intelligent risks to accomplish business
- Identifies customer needs and takes appropriate action to meet
- Demonstrates commitment to appropriate level of service.
- Acts with a sense of urgency.Interpersonal Skills:
- Takes responsibility for own actions and decisions.
- Manages own work.
- Is responsible for own development and performance.
- Works well in a team environment or independently.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships.
- Mentors less experienced members of the staff.What is a Must
- Two years leadership experience with direct management of staff
required.What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members
including spouses, domestic partners, and children are eligible for
coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, youre
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences.If you are a candidate and have specific questions
regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an
email (4-ESU@travelers.com) so we may assist you.Travelers reserves
the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level
included in this posting.To learn more about our comprehensive
benefit programs please visit
Keywords: Travelers, Hartford , Operations Manager - Boiler & Machinery Insurance, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!