Sr. Director, Strategic Initiatives, Cloud Enablement
Company: Travelers Canada
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryTechnologyCompensation OverviewThe annual base
salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market
range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across
the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined
by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and
location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials
and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of
employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits
program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash
incentive awards.Salary Range$109,800.00 - $181,200.00Target
Openings1What Is the Opportunity?The Senior Director, Strategic
Initiatives, Cloud Enablement partners with leaders across multiple
lines of business to drive the adoption of cloud capabilities in
support of our Travelers cloud enablement journey. You will
beresponsible leading macro business analysis, development &
refinement of strategies, articulation of future capabilities needs
and assessment of conceptual ideas that feed into strategic
execution and enable teams in their adoption of cloud
services.Reporting directly to the Travelers Technology, VP, Cloud
Enablement Lead you will navigate across Travelers enterprise
technology and lines of business technology organizations,
influencing technology leaders and their engineering teams to
continuously create capacity and aid in the implementation support
of modernizing existing on-premise business applications for
execution within our public cloud environment. You will apply
strong leadership and influence skills, technical acumen, and
knowledge of agile practices in partnership with business and
technology counterparts to effectively define, plan and monitor the
modernization of business applications across multiple Travelers
organizations.What Will You Do?
- Lead the engagement model with Business Units to drive more
holistic and robust planning, initiative prioritization, navigate
interdependencies, identify delivery risks, conflict resolution,
resource planning and strategic roadmap development and
- Influence, manage, refine, communicate, and drive adoption of a
large and complex body of work, including emerging technologies,
spanning multiple organizations and teams working toward common
cloud enablement outcomes.
- Partner with other organizations, lines of business and with
key partners, with the ability to influence executive-level
leadership and share best practices to ensure alignment and
consistency in ways of working
- Partner closely with Agile/Delivery practices to facilitate
organizational operating and governance model, in driving cloud
adoption, to align with agile best practices and processes.
- Effectively drive, manage, implement and track one or more
complex cloud enablement deliverables and capabilities, as well as
'test and learn'/experimentation targeted at defining/refining
future deliverables, measuring performance, and adjusting the
overall roadmap of deliverables.
- Build out management information reporting & planning function
to inform departmental planning, strategic decision making and
demonstrate organizational impact and value delivery.
- Develop strategic planning process and infrastructure business
leadership, providing guidance and effective direction to ensure
operating divisions are aligned to overall goals and vision.
Oversee, identify, and make data driven decisions related to
funding and resource allocation and prioritization of work
- Provide strong strategic leadership, direction, and execution
focus to indirectly lead teams of up to 15 teams (100-150 people),
leading with a diverse and inclusive mindset and proactively
engaging team members so they reach their full potential.
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience developing multi-year technology
strategies and roadmaps.
- Six years of experience in an agile/execution leadership role
delivering business solutions on a demanding schedule.
- Experience managing multiple complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to put strategic plans into action.
- Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skillset.
- Five years of people leadership /management experience.
- Strong technical acumen and strategic mindset preferred.
- Experience in developing strong, trusted partnerships with
senior executives and constituent partners.
- Proven critical thinking, analytical skills and experience
making decisions based on hard and soft data.
- Systemic thinker with strategic planning expertise, readily
sees patterns and connections in a complicated environment.
- Knowledge of both enterprise technology and line of business
organizations, as well as vendor management, with the ability to
develop and leverage relationships, consult on priorities, and
optimize cloud adoption through solution identification aligned
with desired objectives.
- Change Agent: Change leadership skills, including the ability
to create an inclusive environment, manage conflict and develop
solutions to mitigate risk.
- Ability to lead and inspire team members to achieve optimal
results in a highly collaborative and matrixed organization where
individuals thrive as empowered and equal members of a team.
- Ability to communicate thoughts, concepts, practices
effectively at all levels, adjusting as needed to a target
- Expertise working with others in a cross-functional multi-team
- Demonstrate a commitment to continually improve, share learning
with others and encourage team development.What is a Must Have?
- Bachelors degree.
- 7 years business experience.What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members -
including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible
for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences. -If you are a candidate and have specific
questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please
send us an so we may assist you.Travelers reserves the right to
fill this position at a level above or below the level included in
this posting.To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs
please visit .
Keywords: Travelers Canada, Hartford , Sr. Director, Strategic Initiatives, Cloud Enablement, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!