Director, ICS- Data Management
Company: Travelers Canada
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Director, ICS- Data Management page is loaded Director, ICS-
Data Management Apply remote type Remote locations CT - Hartford US
- Nationwide time type Full time posted on Posted Yesterday job
requisition id R-28370 Who Are We? Taking care of our customers,
our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By
honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one
of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160
years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation
and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where
you do it. Job Category TechnologyCompensation OverviewThe annual
base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market
range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across
the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined
by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and
location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials
and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of
employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits
program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash
incentive awards.Salary Range$118,900.00 - $196,200.00 Target
Openings 1 What Is the Opportunity? Under limited direction, plans
and manages the effective use of team resources. Leads teams of
engineers to develop, implement and maintain complex technologies
and/or projects. Facilitates and provides input to the
design/development process. Partners with business and technology
leaders in key areas. This job is a manager of managers.
The Work Arrangement for this position is based on Location.What
Will You Do?
- Responsible for limited direct technical contributions and
supervising and supporting managers of engineering teams.
- Responsible for leading the delivery and execution of solutions
to challenging engineering problems.
- Plans and directs all aspects of the organization,
- financial/budgetary oversight for team and set of
- May participate in the execution and delivery of team products
- Responsible for fulfilling IT audits for respective
technologies. Ensures team compliance with IT standards, policies,
- Facilitates the coordination of resolution of complex topics.
May interact with vendors and handle escalations.
- Responsible for communicating status, strategic direction, and
results of assigned work.
- Provides human resources management, including coaching,
performance management, team development and growth, and workforce
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- 7 years of progressive work experience in the technology space
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Technical knowledge:
- Able to demonstrate technical expertise for multiple
- Has solid working knowledge of capabilities and direction of
- Able to understand market and industry trends within related
- Possesses strong analytical skills in order to effectively
influence recommendations and decision-making, assess impacts,
compare solutions, problem solve, and achieve business and/or
- Understands how overall responsibilities fit within broader
- Communication skills:
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Strong presentation skills used to influence
- Business knowledge and partnership:
- Able to demonstrate solid understanding of business and
- Able to actively engage with customers and business partners to
solve problems and ensures products and services are utilized
effectively and efficiently.
- Team orientation:
- As a change agent, builds and welcomes innovative ideas and
drives continual improvement, process improvement, and service
- Able to build effective partnerships across the organization
and is able to influence Senior Management, peers and subordinates
through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities and
- Able to balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Able to exhibit objectivity and openness to other views.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Able to put success of organization and team above own
- Accountable to drive technical goals through leading
initiatives, setting clear objectives and navigating team to
- Able to exhibit team leadership, provides guidance, feedback
and coaching to managers.
- Able to demonstrate initiative in working with suppliers and
customers as well as with other organizational units.
- Strong ability to influence upward as well as inspire and
- Responsible for building and inspiring a fully functioning
- Able to provide leadership for functional objectives and
priorities across multiple technologies or platforms.
- Supports management decisions and acts as a change
- Financial awareness:
- Should be well-versed in how budgets and chargebacks operate as
related to designated technical responsibilities.
- Works with Sr. Director and Dedicated Financial Resource (DFR)
to develop a portion of an overall budget subject to review and is
responsible for expense control for the units assigned.
- Able to identify cost-reduction measures through innovation and
- Able to understand financial impacts of decisions across the
- Planning and project management:
- Demonstrates ability to identify critical project tasks, find
points of integration with peer organizations, and establishes
clear priorities while keeping the overall organization strategy in
- Proposes action plans that are timely, realistic and
positive.What is a Must Have?
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience in the
technology space and 4 years people management experience
required.What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members -
including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible
for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice. Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe
that we can deliver the very best products and services when our
workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve.
We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the
diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive
workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and
work together to deliver extraordinary results. -
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting. To learn more about
our comprehensive benefit programs please visit
http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/ . About Us
- Travelers has 30,000 employees in the United States, Canada,
the United Kingdom, Ireland and Brazil. > > Explore life at
- We have 8 diversity networks, employee-led organizations
dedicated to fostering the development and success of our
employees. > > Discover diversity and inclusion .
- Employees and their eligible family members - including
spouses, domestic partners and children - are eligible for coverage
from the first day of employment. > > Explore benefits .
- Travelers has been recognized by organizations such as Forbes,
Human Rights Campaign Foundation, and Military Times. > >
Read more about recognition .
- Our employees are valuable assets to their hometowns, giving
more than 100,000 hours of their time toward important causes each
year. > > Learn about community involvement .
- Imagine other opportunities here .
Keywords: Travelers Canada, Hartford , Director, ICS- Data Management, Executive , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...