Endocrinologist / Internal Medicine Physician - Hartford, CT (Physicia
Company: Integrity Healthcare
Posted on: March 27, 2020
Responsible for providing coordinated and quality primary care
services to patients utilizing the clinical services. Clinical
services provided shall include routine, appropriate, acute and
chronic disease care, ambulatory and gynecological care as assigned
and as dictated by specific training certification and licensure.
The Practitioner will be knowledgeable about agency and clinical
policies, keep all patient information confidential, and shall
assume responsibility for the development and realization of an
individual ongoing care plan for all patients including the
performance of selected procedures. Duties and Responsibilities
Perform comprehensive physical examination, and compile patient
medical data including health history and results of physical
examination. Orders or performs therapeutic procedures such as
injections, immunizations, and basic wound care. Instructs and
counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic
regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional
problems of daily living, and health maintenance. Develops and
implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and
assists in provision of continuity of care. Gain competence in
Electronic Medical Record System. Billing submission at time of
- Full scope of adult endocrinology and primary care, including
comfort in complex disease management of the elderly.
- Assures provision of primary health care to all Center patients
including but not limited to:
- Establishing a database on patients by obtaining an appropriate
health, developmental and psychosocial history, as well as
thoroughly conducting a physical examination and
ordering/performing and interpreting screening and diagnostic
procedures and tests.
- Providing treatment according to accepted agency standards and
- Assisting in the management of referred and/or complex problems
with other members of the agency and community health nurses,
mental health workers, social workers, and other community
- Performing therapeutic procedures such as injections,
immunizations and basic wound care.
- Working in a collaborative and appropriate manner with other
agency providers, clinical support staff, and administrative
- Recognizing and utilizing opportunities for health education
for patients and families.
- Enter all patient visit information into Electronic Medical
Record at time of visit.
- Satisfies all requirements of local hospital necessary to
maintain admitting privileges.
- Provide night and weekend coverage in rotation with
- Provide coverage in health center during leaves of fellow staff
in rotation with colleagues.
- Provide weekday telephone call up to five (5) weeknights a
- Provide weekend call one in every six weekends, and holiday
call once a year.
- Acts as a Supervising or Collaborating physician for Physician
Assistants and Advanced Practice Registered Nurses,
- Demonstrates efforts to maintain and improve job specific
competencies and incorporates new knowledge into practice.
- Acts in accordance with standing agency contractual agreements
with health maintenance organizations, insurance plans, and other
managed care organizations.
- Teaching and research opportunities through affiliated academic
partners, including title and resources.
- Employee understands and agrees that she or he is responsible
for participation, as appropriate, in the Center's risk management,
quality assurance, performance improvement, and compliance programs
and related management plans.
- Works jointly, as requested, with the Chief Executive Officer
and/or Chief Medical Officer in areas of utilization management,
data retrieval, and the establishment and/or revision of clinical
policies and protocols.
- Maintains ongoing education through completion of required
continuing medical education credits.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of principles of fire
safety, infection control, hazardous communication program,
universal precautions and general safety.
- Assists other staff, when time permits, in the completion of
their duties to assure smooth function of the office.
- Assists as requested in ongoing education efforts for on-site
medical, nurse practitioner, and physician assistant students.
- Maintains target productivity standards as established by
Center as influenced by infringing factors of access, practice load
and complexity of problems seen.
- Works in coordination with other community agencies and
providers to integrate patient objectives and strategies.
- Attendance at meetings required by clinic and affiliated
- Work with Board of Directors, Management and other providers on
grants for funding.
- Reports any discrepancies, irregularities and/or violations
involving clinical care, administrative procedure, billing issues
or other Health Center protocols to their immediate supervisor
and/or the Chief Medical Officer.
- Complies with all infection control policies and procedures
outlined by the organization in accordance with professional,
state, and federal guidelines.
- Other appropriate duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Experience in working with the LGBTQ community and hormone
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span.
- Ability to identify and categorize each patient's age specific
grouping of needs, such as those for adolescent, adult, or
- Ability to establish and maintain collegial relationships with
- Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in response to changing
clinical or administrative environments.
- Ability to function in a calm manner during stressful and
emergency situations. Skills:
- Experience in ambulatory primary care setting preferred
- Experience performing therapeutic procedures
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Listening skills
- Customer service skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft office suite)
- Interest in serving low income-multicultural populations
- MD or DO from an accredited medical school
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Connecticut Department of Health License
- Federal and State Controlled Substance Licenses
- State Narcotic Registration (CTPMP)
- MAT Medication-Assisted Treatment) for Substance Use Disorders
certified or willingness to certify as part of orientation.
- BLS Certification Keyphrases: endocrinology jobs,
endocrinologist jobs, child endocrinologist jobs, children's
endocrinologist jobs, consultant endocrinologist jobs, diabetes
Keywords: Integrity Healthcare, Hartford , Endocrinologist / Internal Medicine Physician - Hartford, CT (Physicia, Healthcare , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!