Nurse Educator - Ambulatory Community Specialty Clinic
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Description Job Schedule: Full Time Standard Hours: 40 Job
Shift: Shift 1 Shift Details: Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work
with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment
matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most
comprehensive healthcare network. Hartford Hospital is one of the
largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a
Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its
patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest
robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for
Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the
most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world.
When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new
treatment options their patients require, they turn to us. Job
Summary: Functioning within the context of the framework for
professional nursing practice, the Nurse Educator is in
consultation and collaboration with nursing leadership and the
Health Care Team. Facilitation of comprehensive education,
development by assessing, planning, developing, implementation,
coordination, maintenance and evaluation of projects and programs
for CDAs, DAs, MAs, MAAs, and RNs. This is accomplished to ensure
role competence, compliance with regulatory standards, and to meet
organizational goals. Job Responsibilities:
- The following breakdown of roles and responsibilities pertain
to all areas of the HHCH umbrella. Adult Primary Care, Community
Care Clinic, Specialty Clinics, Department of Dentistry and
Diabetes Life Care. In addition, the onboarding of all staff roles
included in Women's Health Ambulatory Services, Maternal Fetal
Medicine, Gynecologic Oncology, and Urogynecology.
- Onboarding of new staff at all levels which report to nurse
manager, inclusive of RNs, MAAs, MAs, DAs, CDHs and other roles as
- Select preceptor for new staff.
- Establish weekly calendar.
- Scheduling of mandatory education required for specific
- Collaborates with affiliates to facilitate training,
development and education in order to ensure consistency,
continuity, and safe practice. IE: Cathlab, phlebotomy, etc.
- Routine check ins of new staff partnering with preceptor and
- Assist new grad RN with navigation of the Residency
- Support with project presentation.
- Facilitates clinic specific Healthstream assignments.
- Promote excellence and safety in patient care by providing
- Support of yearly validation for each role.
- Support of yearly Safety Skills Day for varied clinics and
- Facilitation of routine mock codes for each clinic.
- Facilitation of Ambulatory RN certification.
- Coordinate and support review courses for ambulatory
- Participate in the understanding, dissemination, and
application of new practices, new instruments and equipment
required for daily function and patient care.
- Support and continued reassessment in the development of
competencies, policies, and standard work leading to best practice
across the organization.
- Maximizes the potential of the group/individual learner and
education programs by evaluating the effectiveness of instruction
- Attendance of meetings which will assist in the growth and
understanding of said role in addition to the growth and support of
- Monthly clinic staff meetings
- Monthly RN meetings
- Leadership meetings
- HH educator meetings
- Nursing Council meetings
- Patient Care Observation meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned based on scope of practice,
and needs of the organization.
- Participate in interviewing process of potential new hires for
- Develops and facilitates Preceptor classes. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree required. One (1) degree
must be in Nursing
- Current Connecticut Nursing License
- AAACH preferred, but not required. Must obtain certification
within two (2) years of hire.
- Minimum two (2) years appropriate recent experience in an
- Requires the ability to recognize problem situations and act
upon them quickly.
- Must possess skills in decision making, problem solving,
independent nursing judgment, physical assessment, written and
verbal communication skills and have a broad knowledge of general
- Training and assessing of new employee capabilities, as well as
providing timely feedback.
- Maintains HIPAA and safety compliance at all times.
- Understand and demonstrate H3W behaviors.
- Proponent and facilitator of #123. We take great care of
careers. With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare
offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth.
Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping
to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community
education to countless men, women and children. We know that a
thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, Hartford , Nurse Educator - Ambulatory Community Specialty Clinic, Healthcare , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!