Urology Scrub / Surgical / Laser Technologist - Full Time
Company: UNITED MEDICAL SYSTEMS
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Type: FULL TIMELocation: Hartford, CTRequisition ID: 1296About
Us:United Medical Systems is a mobile healthcare services company
offering shared service programs with an emphasis on delivering
advanced technologies and cost- efficient solutions in the clinical
areas of Urology. We are confident our partners, including
healthcare facilities, physicians and their patients, all benefit
from the enhanced medical capabilities that UMS provide. It is our
dedicated and accomplished clinical and service teams that promote
our goals and ensure the well-being of our customers
nationwide.Responsibilities for Urology Scrub / Surgical / Laser
- Perform procedures in accordance with all Laser protocols.
- Transports and sets up ureteroscopy/laser equipment in OR prior
- Assists Urologist in performing ureteroscopy and laser
- Report to facility no later than 60 minutes prior to the start
of the procedure.
- Submit complete and legible treatment/billing logs according to
UMS' HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Reviews and maintains inventory of supplies and cystoscopy
- Responsible for contacting facilities to confirm schedule,
number of patient procedures and start times.
- Responsible for having an after-hours contact at each facility
in case of equipment failure or emergency. It is the technologist's
responsibility to contact the facility in case of potential
cancellation and work with the Laser Supervisor to try to
accommodate the patient procedures.
- Maintains and builds relationships with physician
- Responsible for maintaining Policies & Procedure Manuals, which
includes adding updates and reviewing each manual prior to any
- Responsible for the upkeep of the equipment and supplies to
perform procedures in an efficient and aesthetic manner. They will
prepare the equipment for transport, including but not limited to,
cleaning/disinfecting the equipment, putting supplies away,
- Notify their service engineer of any malfunctioning
- Laser Specialist will wear a company name badge at all times,
when on the premises of a facility.Qualifications for Urology Scrub
/ Surgical / Laser Tech:
- Certified Scrub Tech or Certified Surgical Technologist or
similar background preferred
- Prior OR experience required
- Urology experience preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience working in Operation Room
- Prior experience with Holmium Laser utilization for Urology
procedures a plus.
- Knowledge of sterilization protocols will be considered a
plus.We offer competitive salaries and full benefits for this job
which includes but not limited to the following:
- Medical insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Fully Paid STD/LTD Insurance
- Fully Paid 2x Basic life Insurance
- 401k with excellent company match
- Paid Vacation/sick/personal TimePM19PI151698469
Keywords: UNITED MEDICAL SYSTEMS, Hartford , Urology Scrub / Surgical / Laser Technologist - Full Time, Healthcare , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!