Sr. Medical Technologist, Microbiology
Company: Trinity Health of New England
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Sign on bonus Eligible!!
Our success is attributed to a high level of service surpassing
that of competing laboratories. Effective and efficient health care
requires the willingness to find solutions through new approaches.
Collaborative Laboratory Services at Saint Francis Hospital
provides quality care in a changing landscape.
Top Reasons to Work at Trinity Health of New England:
- Become a valued member of an excellent, dedicated health care
- Opportunity to mentor medical laboratory scientist
- Continuing education opportunities spanning all laboratory
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Generous shift differentials
32 hours, Day Shift: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm; weekend & holiday
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Exceptional Patient Care : Contributes to the overall quality
of care through accurate, complex analysis of lab specimens that
impact the patient.
- Excellent Communicator : Communicate effectively (written and
verbal) with administrators, colleagues and physicians.
- Strong Educator: Provide teaching and education to Lab students
and other personnel.
- Technical Familiarity: Maintains and/or calibrates scientific
equipment, thorough u nderstanding in the operation/maintenance of
Lab equipment, computer-based applications (email, and standard
applications such as Microsoft Office).
- Active Teamwork : Demonstrates problem solving, conflict
resolution, and positive communication through teamwork.
What you need:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology.
- Certification: MT-ASCP or equivalent level certification
offered by one of the professional societies.
- Experience : Minimum 5 years ' experience; Must have an
understanding of all laboratory sections as a generalist that may
include: Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation, Microbiology,
immunology and urinalysis. Knowledge of specimen processing,
specimen handling and phlebotomy required.
- Ability to pass drug screenings and background checks
About Trinity Health Of New England:
Trinity Health Of New England is an integrated health care delivery
system that is comprised of world-class providers and facilities
dedicated to full spectrum preventative, acute, and post-acute
care. We aim to deliver top level care to increase our community's
overall health at lower costs. While we serve nearly 3 million
people, we are proud to be a part of a national system that focuses
on putting our patients first and having the best colleagues to do
Trinity Health Of New England benefits include health insurance,
adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, sick
time, and professional advancement just to name a few.
Employees can also take advantage of extra benefits specific to
Step up to your potential. Write your story and apply today!
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of
hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we
serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize
the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Trinity Health of New England, Hartford , Sr. Medical Technologist, Microbiology, Healthcare , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!