Supportive Housing Community Social Worker
Company: Mercy Housing & Shelter Corp
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Mercy Housing & Shelter Corp. and My Sisters' PlaceAn Affiliate
of Community Housing AdvocatesJob Title: Community Social
WorkerDepartment: Supportive Housing ServicesReports To: Team
SupervisorFLSA Status: Non-ExemptScheduled Work Times/Locations
Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM. Flexibility nights and weekends
required. Hartford and/or Middletown CT.Job Summary:The Community
Social Worker is responsible for managing an assigned caseload of
clients having long-term mental illness, substance abuse and
chronic homelessness. The CM assesses client's needs, develops,
implements, and reviews service plans, and works with other
community resources in meeting/achieving client service needs.
- Engage clients by building trusting and professional
- Coordinate client intake processes as directed.
- Work with clients to develop individual service plans with
- Oversee the development, implementation, coordination and
monitoring of the service plan.
- As needed, provide case management, crisis management,
assistance and education in activities of daily living, and
services toward stabilization of the family unit.
- Ensure regular face-to-face and collateral contacts with
clients, providers, family/guardians and other team members.
- Mediate conflicts between providers, family/guardians, clients
and the agency, per the client's needs.
- Develop or maintain familiarity with community resources and
referral processes necessary to access these resources.
- Advocate and/or assist client in receiving services identified
in the planning process.
- Follow proper discharge procedure when a client is discharged,
with attention to recordkeeping and referrals.
- Provide resources for transportation i.e., medical cab or bus
tickets and when needed transport clients.
- Prepare for and facilitate group meetings for clients on a
variety of topics beneficial to their health and human service
- Travel and network in the community.
- Maintain complete and up-to-date client files to assure overall
compliance with agency standards.
- Participate in ongoing professional development.
- Adhere to MHSC policies/procedures.
- Perform any other task that will assist the agency in carrying
out its mission, as directed.Cont. Responsibilities:It is the
responsibility of each Mercy Housing and Shelter employee to:
- Treat all clients with dignity and respect, prioritize client
needs, and advocate for the people we serve.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information.
- Promote the human dignity, rights, safety, and wellbeing of
- Professionally and ethically handle agency and client
- Fulfill all responsibilities as a mandatory reporter.
- Display a positive attitude towards clients, programs, and the
- Demonstrate good communication with clients, supervisors,
peers, outside resources and family/guardians.
- Demonstrate good attendance.
- Punctually attend all assigned meetings, in-services, and
- Demonstrate involvement as a team member.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, laws and
policies/procedures and know and understand your job
- Submit paperwork and meet job responsibility deadlines as
assigned. Required Skills/Abilities:Documentation skills including
good oral and written comprehension, computer literacy, accurate
and timely documentation and record keeping abilities, ability to
use critical thinking skills and develop sound reasoning/logic when
formulating solution focused treatment plans, ability to manage,
organize and prioritize flow of work, ability to motivate clients.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college/university or
two-three years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience, preferably with homeless
persons, persons with mental illness and/or substance abuse.
- Bi-Lingual, Spanish/English encouragedLicenses and
- Must have valid Connecticut driver's license and clean driving
record with proof of automobile insurance. COVID-19 Vaccination
Required.Compensation & Benefits
- $20-$21 per hour, based on experience plus generous incentive
- Community Housing Advocates provides a generous employee
benefits package, including medical, dental, retirement, short- and
long-term disability, and tuition reimbursement. Full-time
employees receive 26 days of PTO (paid time off) per year, plus 12
paid holidays. Physical Demands
- The physical demands associated with the essential functions of
this job are intermittent physical activity, such as walking,
sitting and occasional lifting.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. CHA, My
Sisters' Place and Mercy Housing and Shelter Corporation is an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
status. Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM. Flexibility nights and
Keywords: Mercy Housing & Shelter Corp, Hartford , Supportive Housing Community Social Worker, Healthcare , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!