Psychologist (PhD. or Psy.D.) - Autism Neuro Development
Company: Institute of Living
Posted on: June 24, 2022
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Work where every moment matters.Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford
HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride
in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to
become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare
network.The Institute of Living, one of the first mental health
centers in the U.S., remains one of America's leading
not-for-profit centers for patient care, research and education in
the fields of behavioral, psychiatric and addiction disorder.
Through our dedicated, experienced and skilled clinicians, we
provide patients and their families with the highest quality of
personalized care. Programs are offered for children, adolescents
and adults struggling with mental illness as well as offering
services specializing in Anxiety, Eating Disorders, and Geriatric
Services.The Mary W. Parker Autism Center is a developing,
outpatient program for the clinical assessment and treatment of
individuals across the age continuum with an Autism Spectrum
Disorder (ASD). Thank you and please let us know if you have any
questions.Job SummarySupporting Medical Administration, performs
multi-dimensional administrative tasks that require creativity and
independent, discretionary judgment to meet the needs of a manager
or function. May act on behalf of superior on routine matters
within established guidelines. Reports to assigned manager.Job
- A full-time, ABA-trained and certified psychologist who has had
clinical experience in working with children and adolescents with a
known or suspected ASD diagnosis
- Participate in multidisciplinary, initial evaluations to
provide appropriate assessment of and develop evidence-based
behavioral interventions for children/adolescents and their
families entering the program.
- Provide ongoing monitoring of behavioral interventions for
children/adolescents and their families.
- Provide functional behavioral assessments
- Administer and interpret structured diagnostic instruments such
as the ADOS and ADI as part of the diagnostic process.
- Opportunities to participate in training and supervision of
trainees from different disciplines
- Opportunities to participate in research
- Doctorate of Philosophy in Psychology (PhD.) or Doctorate in
Psychology (Psy.D.) from an APA accredited institution.
- One year APA approved internship in Clinical Psychology.
- Completion of one year post internship supervisory
- Licensed to practice Psychology in the State of
- Psychologist in school setting is also required to have a
license by the Connecticut State Department of Education as a
- Eligible for membership in the National Register of Health Care
- Eligible for American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP)
- Eligible for certification in Group Therapy (CGT-certified
group therapist credentialing through the American Group
Psychotherapy Association); Family Therapy; and eligible for
credentialing to do Individual Psychotherapy.
- Eligible for credentialing in Alcohol and Substance Abuse
through the American Psychological Association or equivalent
credentialing body.We take great care of careers.As a Hartford
Healthcare entity, The Hartford Hospital Institute of Living
provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package and
all the benefits of working in a thriving centrally located urban
Keywords: Institute of Living, Hartford , Psychologist (PhD. or Psy.D.) - Autism Neuro Development, Healthcare , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!