Registered Nurse - Eagle House (Per Diem)
Company: The Village For Families Children
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Hourly rate $36.00 per hour with the following shift differentials
2nd shift (3:00 PM - 11:00 PM): $7.00 per hour.
3rd shift (11:00 PM - 7:00 AM): $5.00 per hour.
The Eagle House is a psychiatric residential treatment facility
(PRTF) that serves as a step down, or diversion, from inpatient
hospitalization for children. The average length of stay is
4-months. The Eagle house serves children ages 6-12 who present
with significant emotional or behavioral difficulties. The Eagle
House is made up of two units, Brainard House and Goodwin House.
The Registered Nurse works in collaboration with a
multidisciplinary team to seek and provide diagnostic clarity,
stabilization, and reintegration into the community. Embedded in
the healthcare team will be two lead nurses.
The Registered Nurse will be responsible for providing safety,
physical and mental/behavioral health assessments, first aid and
medication administration to the youth in the program. Embedded in
the healthcare teams are lead, triage, and program nurses. The
nurse will oversee the child's medical needs throughout their stay
while collaborating with outpatient providers to assure holistic
care. The registered nurse collaborates with interdisciplinary
teams to assure continuity, efficient care, and effective and
discharge planning. The nurse will conduct the initial nursing
assessment, reconcile any current medication, and provide detailed
and accurate documentation assuring all requirements are met
throughout their admission.
JOB HOURS: All shifts: 1st (7am-3pm), 2nd (3pm-11pm), 3rd
- Conducts nursing assessment, interventions, and treatments
effectively and efficiently.
- Monitors signs and symptoms for physical and mental health
- Conducts nursing intakes and discharges.
- Collaborates with team on disposition planning.
- Active participation in rounds and multidisciplinary team
- Ensures all DCF, DPH, and/or Joint Commission requirements and
documentation are completed.
- Monitors medications for efficacy and adverse effects.
- Develops appropriate nursing care plans and interventions as
- Collaborates with psychiatrists in coordination of the
physical, mental, and behavioral health care of clients throughout
their treatment course.
- Provides cross coverage in nursing department as needed.
- Provides education and teaching to clients and families
regarding health and safety.
- Collaboration with identified medical providers on medical
- Other duties and responsibility within nursing scope of
practice can be assigned supervisor.
- Collaborates with health care providers within the agency and
- Works closely with the care team to ensure the plan of care is
executed and addressing any barriers to completion along with
assisting in identifying solutions.
- Serves as a resource to care teams to identify goals for
patients and to help with strategies to achieve these goals.
- Ensures documentation is in compliance.
- Direct oversight of the Youth Care Assistants.
- Oversight of medication cart and emergency medication
- Provides in-service education to staff.
Experience and Skills
- Preferred Bachelor's in nursing degree and experience in
nursing care of children and adolescent psychiatric population.
Minimum of an Associate degree in Nursing.
- CPR Certified.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in behavioral health.
- Organized and able to work independently.
- Flexible and able to multi-task.
- Proficient with word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Possess solid general computer skills, including ability to work in
a Windows XP environment. Familiarity with specific applications
used by the Village a plus.
- Cultural competency to serve diverse client population.
- The ability to physically perform the essential functions of
the above position with or without reasonable accommodations
including the ability to interact with children and adolescents in
a therapeutic environment/situation without risk of injury and able
to supervise groups of children and perform physical intervention
Keywords: The Village For Families Children, Hartford , Registered Nurse - Eagle House (Per Diem), Healthcare , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!