Registered Nurse, Med/Surg
Posted on: January 25, 2023
NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE POSITION - $15K!
Utilizing the nursing process, provides high quality direct and
indirect patient-centered care. Coordinates patient care by working
collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team, patients and
families. Communicates, as appropriate, the patient's clinical
condition, responding quickly and accurately to changes in
condition or response to treatment. Demonstrates knowledge of the
principles of growth and development over the life span and the
skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient
population served. Promotes the profession of nursing and
professional practice through collegial support and
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing .
- Current licensure in the state of Connecticut.
- Must have certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support upon hire
or receive certification within the new employee introductory
orientation period and maintain clinical competency during
employment with ECHN in this role. COMPETENCIES:
- Able to communicate effectively in English - both verbally and
- Possesses basic computer skills. ESSENTIAL DUTIES and
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be
construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills,
efforts or working conditions associated with the job. They are
intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and
responsibilities of this position. These responsibilities and
competencies listed below may change from time to time.
- Performs population-specific comprehensive assessments and
re-assessments of the medical and surgical patient's condition and
care needs including the psychosocial, physical, educational and
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span, including pediatric, adult and
geriatric population, and the skills necessary to provide
age-appropriate care to patients served. Able to interpret data
about the patient status in order to identify each patient's
age-specific needs and provide care needed by the patient
- Assesses and reassesses pain. Utilizes appropriate pain
management tools and techniques. Educates the patient and family
regarding pain management. Documentation reflects assessments,
interventions and evaluation of effectiveness.
- Develops and revises individualized plans of care as indicated
by assessment and patient response to treatment. Evaluates overall
plan daily for effectiveness. Involves the patient and family in
the formulation of goals.
- Follows the five (5) medication rights and reduces the
potential for medication errors. Demonstrates knowledge of
medications and their correct administration based on age of the
patient and their clinical condition.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and promotes positive patient
- Documents the nursing process and responses to care in a timely
manner utilizing the appropriate tools.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function
under stressful situations. Utilizes critical thinking skills and
sound judgment in priority setting and delegation.
- Formulates and implements a teaching plan for patients and
families based upon identified learning needs. Evaluates
effectiveness of learning.
- Demonstrates autonomous practice, consistent with
evidence-based standards. Pursues personal and professional growth
and development. Serves as a professional role model and
- Provides an accurate and pertinent report of the patient's
condition for safe transfer of care.
- Ensures continuous monitoring for patients on remote
- Provides immediate assessment and intervention as
indicated/directed by staff monitoring telemetry as related to
Keywords: ECHN, Hartford , Registered Nurse, Med/Surg, Healthcare , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!