Registered Nurse - Night Shift
Posted on: May 24, 2023
NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE POSITION - $10K!
Utilizing the nursing process, provides high quality direct and
indirect patient-centered care. - Coordinates patient care by
working collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team, patients
and families. - Communicates, as appropriate, the patient's
clinical condition, responding quickly and accurately to changes in
condition or response to treatment. - Demonstrates knowledge of the
principles of growth and development over the life span and the
skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient
population served. - Promotes the profession of nursing and
professional practice through collegial support and
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Current licensure in the state of Connecticut.
- Must provide copies of all current clinical competencies upon
hire or transfer and during employment.
- Maintains clinical competency required for area of assignment
including but not limited to BLS.
- Minimum one year of nursing experience required.
- Able to communicate effectively in English - both verbally and
- Possesses basic computer skills.
- Must be able to work at both Manchester Memorial Hospital and
Rockville General Hospital.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be
construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills,
efforts or working conditions associated with the job. - They are
intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and
responsibilities of this position. - These responsibilities and
competencies listed below may change from time to time.
- - - - - - - - - Job-Specific Competency
- Performs population-specific comprehensive assessments and
re-assessments of the patient's condition and care needs including
the psychosocial, physical, educational and cultural aspects.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span, including adolescent, adult and
geriatric population, and the skills necessary to provide
age-appropriate care to patients served. Able to interpret data
about the patient status in order to identify each patient's
age-specific needs and provide care needed by the patient
- Assesses and reassesses pain. - Utilizes appropriate pain
management tools and techniques. - Educates the patient and family
regarding pain management. - Documentation reflects assessments,
interventions and evaluation of effectiveness.
- Develops and revises individualized plans of care as indicated
by assessment and patient response to treatment. - -Evaluates
overall plan daily for effectiveness. - Involves the patient and
family in the formulation of goals.
- Follows the seven (7) medication rights and reduces the
potential for medication errors. Demonstrates knowledge of
medications and their correct administration based on age of the
patient and their clinical condition.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and promotes positive patient outcomes.
Adheres to and practices safety behaviors (CHAMP).
- Documents the nursing process and responses to care in a timely
manner utilizing the appropriate tools.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function
under stressful situations. - Utilizes critical thinking skills and
sound judgment in priority setting and delegation.
- Formulates and implements a teaching plan for patients and
families based upon identified learning needs. Evaluates
effectiveness of learning.
- Demonstrates autonomous practice, consistent with
evidence-based standards. - Pursues personal and professional
growth and development. - Serves as a professional role model and
- Provides an accurate and pertinent report of the patient's
condition for safe transfer of care.
- Promotes and participates in quality improvement initiatives
related to patient experience quality and safety.
- Possess the flexibility to float between Manchester Memorial
and Rockville General Hospitals. -
Keywords: ECHN, Hartford , Registered Nurse - Night Shift, Healthcare , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...