Manufacturing Supervisor 2nd Shift Entry Level
Company: Broan, Inc.
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Manufacturing Supervisor 2nd Shift Entry Level Provides
leadership and support to departmental associates fulfilling job
assignments to deliver products safely and on time to service
internal and external customers. Drive efficiency and quality in
the department by identifying root-cause and countermeasures to
continually improve performance. Using your leadership skill to
help develop associates through training and mentoring. Job
- Be a safety ambassador! Uphold and model the safe work
practices we have in place. Proactively seek opportunities to make
the plant a safe place for all.
- Engage the workforce to achieve departmental daily improvement
goals including 5S.
- Lead the overall assignment of work within respective area to
team leaders to ensure attainment of business needs.
- Work directly with your associates regarding performance
reviews, identifying gaps in skills and recommending developmental
opportunities. You will gain valuable coaching skills when you
discuss improved performance and development. Partner with human
resource manager to address any progressive discipline and
- Conduct safety investigations, escalate and communicate
- Assure appropriate staffing levels are maintained to meet
business needs. Work with talent acquisition team to interview,
select and on-board new associates.
- Establish how and what training is delivered to associates with
a focus on cross-training.
- Your team will rely on you to provide direction. It will be
critical to assure associates are connecting through daily MDI
meetings and that they are all working as a team to improve
efficiencies. Empower your team and bring out the best in
- Reinforce the Broan-NuTone policies and procedures. Support
your team by being available to help them navigate questions and
concerns. Be accessible to answer their questions and help when
- Demonstrate 100% commitment to safety, quality, and MDI
process. Make sure highest process standards are being
- Display managerial courage and engage in critical
conversations. Through a positive feedback approach hold team
leaders and associates accountable for performance. Uphold a high
degree of confidentiality. Approach all situations with positive
intent to make sure the Broan-NuTone culture thrives.--
- Partner with cross functionals teams such as Engineering,
Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Human Resources, Environmental
Health & Safety and Quality. Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or enrolled in an accredited University
required. Prior internships or co-op assignments preferred.
- Minimum of 0-3 years of experience in a manufacturing setting.
Senior's currently enrolled in an accredited University also
considered if able to work 30 hour a week.
- Natural leadership tendencies such vision, innovation, empower
and coach, motivate, inspire, empathy, strategic thinking, and the
ability to share clear messages and make complex ideas easy to
understand for everyone.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Lean concepts, 5S, and
continuous improvement practices.
- Strong drive to learn and grow in an organization, with a
willingness to take on cross-functional roles over time.
- Experience with budgeting nice to have but we will train! Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Broan, Inc., Hartford , Manufacturing Supervisor 2nd Shift Entry Level, Hospitality & Tourism , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!