RN Supervisor, Evening Shift
Company: Elim Park Baptist Home
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Job DescriptionElim Park, a continuing care retirement
community, has a Part Time Nurse Supervisor (3p - 11p) position
available in Cheshire, CT! Elim Park is committed to being the
employer of choice and offers the following dynamic benefits: 401k
with employer matching, generous staffing levels, membership
privilege at out fitness center including our indoor swimming
pool,and competitive pay rates! General Description:Assist in the
planning, organizing, developing and directing of Nursing Service
in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local
standards, guidelines and regulations to insure that the highest
quality of patient care can be maintained at all times. Essential
- Plans, organizes and carries out supervision of all services
and initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Projects staffing needs and makes sure all schedules are filled
prior to being posted, in a timely manner. Avoid using of pool
staffing. Communicates staffing needs to DNS, ADNS, and HR
Director. Director of Nurses signs schedule before
posting.Supervisor will assume charge nurse responsibilities in the
event of a call out.
- Demonstrates excellent rapport with staff to create a cohesive
- Orients and supervises new staff.
- Assists and supervises nursing staff to increase efficiency and
maximize time management.
- Evaluates CNA assignment sheets to insure they are congruent
with current plan of care.
- Conducts monthly staff meetings and shift inservices as
necessary in conjunction with unit managers.Handles family/resident
grievances pertaining to nursing.
- Provides written evaluations of all staff as required by the
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of Medicare and
Managed Care regulation. Educates staff and communicates with other
disciplines on process and requirements.
- Knowledgeable of Residents Rights and facility Abuse Policies
- Familiar with the organization's functions, policies,
regulations, and procedures of the facility as they relate to
nursing services. Will monitor and complete AIMS testing on
residents not currently on Trilogy case load.
- Able to evaluate staff, situations, relations in an effective,
constructive and positive manner.
- Willingness to efficiently render charge nurse's duties and
responsibilities in the event staffing is needed.
- 1st and 2nd shift only: Assist charge nurses with admissions,
MDS and care planning process. Daily rounds on all units.
Communicate with Charge Nurse and Unit Managers and assist as
- Must support management decisions and convey to nursing staff
in a positive manner.
- Possess computer skills.
- 1st and 2nd shifts only: Participates bi-weekly in Rehab
rounds.Must attend continuing education programs.
- Attends Management and Supervisory meetings.
- Perform any other duties or responsibilities that may become
necessary or as directed by the Administrator or DNS.
- Narcotic count on HA at end of shift. Work Area and Working
- Entire Health Center facility Entry Level Qualifications:
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing or BSN program
- Current registration in the State of Connecticut
- Must have Long Term Care experience. Experience in Geriatrics,
including one year in a supervisory capacity.
- Training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing
- Certification in Gerontology is a plus
- Must have tolerance and compassion for the geriatric
- Must be a team leader and a team player. Able to work with
- Must be knowledgeable of infection control policies and
procedures and universal precautions. Every other weekend & holiday
Keywords: Elim Park Baptist Home, Hartford , RN Supervisor, Evening Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!