Team Lead, Manager
Company: Travelers Canada
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryTechnologyCompensation OverviewThe annual base
salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market
range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across
the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined
by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and
location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials
and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of
employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits
program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash
incentive awards.Salary Range$83,300.00 - $137,400.00Target
Openings2What Is the Opportunity?Travelers is seeking a Team Lead /
Product Owner to lead a team to deliver capabilities/solutions in
an agile way. In this position, you will act as a voice of the
end-user to guide day-to-day work of a smaller scale team, focusing
on achievement of defined outcomes versus defining how the work is
completed.The Self-Service products that support our customers (our
MyTravelers Mobile App and Website) have seen a significant
increase in usage since pre-pandemic. Customers are leaning on our
digital products to get their needs met. This role will serve as a
key member of the self-service circle, leaning on customer
feedback, digital self-service trends, and defined objectives & key
results - to shape the capability needs across both digital
products, spanning the service and billing experiences for our
customers.What Will You Do?
- Define, prioritize and ensure a ready backlog of work for a
smaller scale product team, accept final product output, focusing
on achievement of defined outcomes versus defining how the work is
- Effectively manage a backlog of deliverables and capabilities
as well as 'test and learn'/experimentation targeted at
defining/refining future deliverables, measuring performance and
adjusting the overall roadmap of deliverables as needed.
- Understand and implement team goals and strategy, ensuring
alignment with circle and value stream vision; Articulate team
goals and strategy effectively to key stakeholders, Circle Leads
and team members.
- Act as voice of the end-user; have a deep understanding of and
respond to customer feedback ensuring needs and requirements are
clearly defined; ensure team work product meets defined acceptance
- Own team backlog, including prioritization and refinement; Make
trade-off decisions to maximize value.
- Optimize the flow of value by setting objectives and key
performance indicators (KPIs) for solutions.
- Inform and participate in business readiness; understand the
impact of change, implement the approach to manage adoption and
- Provide feedback on work-in-progress, clarify requirements and
contribute to removing roadblocks or impediments; Look for
opportunities for continuous team and process improvement.
- Partner with Circle Leads and peers to effectively communicate
resources required to achieve defined business outcomes.
- Share best practices across teams to ensure alignment and
consistency in ways of working within a value stream.
- Foster an innovative, inclusive and diverse team environment,
promoting positive team culture, encouraging collaboration and
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Two years of experience in Agile product management
- Agile Mindset: Embody Agile core values of openness, courage,
respect, focus, and commitment. Infuse Agile principles, practices
and methodologies to achieve team success.
- Product Mindset: Focus on defining a product value proposition
that aligns with and supports the circle/value stream objectives
and which is the north star for the team
- Influence: Ability to influence behaviors of leaders and
without traditional hierarchy.
- Servant Leadership: Foster an environment where individuals
thrive as empowered and equal members of a team.
- Communication: Ability to communicate thoughts, concepts,
practices effectively at all levels, adjusting as needed to a
- Collaboration: Expertise working with others in a
cross-functional multi-team environment.
- Continuous Improvement: Demonstrate a commitment to continually
improve, share learning with others and encourage team
development.What is a Must Have?
- Two years of work experience in related field required.What Is
in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members -
including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible
for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences. -If you are a candidate and have specific
questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please
send us an so we may assist you.Travelers reserves the right to
fill this position at a level above or below the level included in
this posting.To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs
please visit .
Keywords: Travelers Canada, Hartford , Team Lead, Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!