Human Resources Business Partner
Company: Sysco Northeast Rdc
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Company: US1225 FreshPoint Connecticut, LLCZip Code:06114Minimum
Level of Education:Bachelor's DegreeMinimum Years of Experience:7
YearsEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel Percentage: Up to 25%JOB
SUMMARYAs a member of the Operating Company (OpCo) senior
leadership team, the Human Resources Business Partner works
strategically with leadership to successfully execute local,
market-level, and enterprise-wide initiatives within the
- Partner with senior management to identify and proactively
develop talent through formal training, mentoring, coaching, and
- Participate in succession planning to ensure talent is
available and ready to assume positions of greater responsibility
both at the OpCo and elsewhere at Sysco.
- Oversee the performance management process and work with OpCo
leaders on their associate reviews and evaluations.
- Provide training and consultation as necessary.
- Respond to grievances, review disciplinary programs, conduct
investigations, prepare for arbitrations, and participate in union
- Provide coaching and guidance to OpCo leaders and associates
regarding employment issues in such areas as policy and procedure
interpretation/application, dispute resolution, corrective action,
leaves of absence, harassment, and terminations.
- Facilitate the Sysco Speaks Associate Survey efforts in the
- Analyze findings and review trends with senior management and
recommend actions to ensure positive organizational changes.
- Review, interpret, administer and ensure compliance with
federal, state, and local employment laws, and company policies and
- Develop and maintain the OpCo's Affirmative Action Program
(where applicable), complete required Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) reporting and ensure Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Perform investigations and prepare written responses to EEOC
claims, unemployment claims, etc.
- Work with OpCo leaders to create and maintain workforce
- Coordinate recruiting efforts with Talent Acquisition (where
applicable) to ensure that competent, diverse, and skilled workers
are hired and workload levels are appropriate and maintained, and
work to minimize turnover.
- Oversee all benefits and compensation policies, procedures, and
- Guide benefits and compensation strategy planning and
- Communicate all benefit and compensation programs to
- Oversee the execution and delivery of all local training for
all associates, including the supervision of a training manager
- Deliver leadership training for all OpCo leaders on various HR
topics, including ethics, labor laws, policies, and
- Oversee administration of Sysco Interactive University programs
as well as Sysco's STEP program.
- Provide day-to-day direction and support to HR staff (where
applicable) including proactive guidance, troubleshooting support,
and issue escalation.QUALIFICATIONSEducation
- Bachelor's degree with major or emphasis in Human Resources,
Business Administration or a closely related field andExperience
- At least 7 years of exempt-level Sysco Human Resources
- At least 7 years (10 preferred) of demonstrated strategic HR
leadership and management experience.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to HR and
- Strong consultative, presentation, and business communication
- Valid driver's license and driving record meeting Sysco
standardsCertifications, Licenses and/or Registrations
- Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) Professional
Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR),
SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- Systems Applications and Products (SAP) experience
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking
time to understand the points being made, asking questions as
appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and
directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the
- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they
react as they do.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively and the
ability to speak so others can understand you.
- Adjusting actions about others' actions
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and
paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Listening to and understanding the information and ideas
presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading and understanding the information and ideas presented
- Communicating information and ideas in speaking so others will
- Communicating information and ideas in writing so others will
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential
actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Bringing others together and trying to reconcile
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information
to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Applying general rules to specific problems to produce answers
that make sense.
- Perceiving when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It
does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a
- Coming up with several ideas about a topic (the number of ideas
is important, not their quality, correctness, or
- The ability to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to
operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and
- The ability to frequently sit and reach with hands and
- The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or
- Must be able to utilize office equipment such as
desktop/notebook computers, copiers, printers, scanners,
telephones, and calculators.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- Must be able to work in various indoor and outdoor climates and
driving conditions.BENEFITS INFORMATION:For information on Sysco's
Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.comHOW WE PROTECT OUR
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in
placeOVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice
distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over
13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution
facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer
locations.We offer our associates the opportunity to grow
personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a
dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds
their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working
individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you
why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
STATEMENT:Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state
or local law.This opportunityis available through Sysco
Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco Northeast Rdc, Hartford , Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!