Technical Lead (.NET/AWS)
Company: The Hartford
Posted on: November 22, 2020
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue
meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only
at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that
sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place. The
Hartford is seeking a .NET/AWS Tech Lead to join the HIMCO IT team
supporting our Hartford Investment Management Company business
segment. The HIMCO organization is a thriving unit within The
Hartford with a longstanding, respected presence in the marketplace
with $100 billion in AUM and a tightly partnered IT team with a
history of innovation and excellence. What's in it for you?
- An opportunity to stay on top of the latest trends in emerging
technologies such as APIs, Microservices, Cloud technologies,
Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and more
- Conceptualizing, designing and delivery innovative end-to-end
software architectures that enable HIMCO strategic business
- Helping lead a thriving and successful IT organization make the
journey to cloud.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Primary accountability for the position involves detail design
and delivery of HIMCO IT solutions in a cloud environment.
- Responsible for establishing and driving clear, effective, and
innovative solution designs aligning to The Hartford's reference
architectures, blueprints, and business and IT strategies across
- Responsible for conceptualizing and designing architectures
that enable strategic initiatives & technology objectives that
consider strategic alignment, scale, reliability, security,
complexity, and cost.
- Evaluating cloud technology/products for HIMCO use.
- Participation with agile teams to ensure architecture and
development standards are being maintained.
- Partnership with The Hartford Cloud Enablement teams to ensure
alignment between HIMCO IT and Enterprise cloud strategies and
- 8+ years' experience in IT combined with strong application
design & development skills and excellent communication
- The applicant must have hands-on experience and technical
skills in designing and implementing robust solutions with a broad
understanding of traditional and modern software technology
frameworks, platforms, vendor software solutions, development
tools, and processes.
- Clear understanding of cloud, hybrid cloud, and container
deployment architectures including building cloud-ready
applications and container orchestration systems (e.g.,
- Experience and/or certification developing and architecting
solutions on AWS.
- Experience designing and implementing Microservices or
API-based integrations with clear understanding of JSON, REST and
- Experience with C# .NET MVC or C# .NET Core, MS SQL and
- Experience with creating and/or implementing designs and
integration patterns connecting varied technology systems and
- Experience integrating both modern and legacy systems is a
- Experience working with agile development teams, methodologies
- Experience with DevOps practices including but not limited to
continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) concepts
and tools; familiarity with automated testing and code analysis
- Experience with developing reusable assets such as prototypes,
solution designs, documentation and other materials that contribute
to department and organization effectiveness and efficiency.
- The candidate must have strong written and verbal
communication, presentation, and technical writing skills with
ability to effectively communicate solution recommendations and
influence key stakeholders.
- Be a self-motivated individual with strong analytical and
research skills; Have the ability to handle multiple high priority
demands; and have the ability to be detail oriented, yet still be
able to have clarity on the overall picture.
- A strong desire to stay on top of technology trends in the
Investment Industry and Emerging Technology space.Candidates must
be authorized to work in the US without company
sponsorshipRelocation assistance is availableAs a condition of your
employment for HIMCO, you will be required to affirm to HIMCO's
Code of Ethics and understand that you will be required to comply
with the disclosure of accounts, holdings and pre-clearance of
trades for the accounts of you and your household family members as
more fully described in the Code of Ethics Key Points. If you will
be deemed to be a "Covered Associate" under HIMCO's Pay to Play
Policy, you will also need to disclose all political contributions
that you have given within the past 2 calendar years. Equal
Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age Technical
Lead - ID07CE
Keywords: The Hartford, Hartford , Technical Lead (.NET/AWS), IT / Software / Systems , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!