Senior Software Engineer- Java/ Elixir -Entity Synthesis (Re
Company: New Relic
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Senior Software Engineer- Java/ Elixir -Entity Synthesis
(Remote) Engineering Portland, Oregon Chicago, Illinois
Minneapolis, Minnesota Dallas, Texas Miami, Florida Atlanta,
Georgia Boston, Massachusetts Austin, Texas Kansas City, Missouri
Salt Lake City, Utah Arlington, Virginia Hartford, Connecticut Our
platform operates at hyper-scale with millions of data points
analyzed every second. We are taking our platform to the next level
by making it even easier for customers to gain insight into their
ocean of data. We are looking for a highly self-motivated
individual who has a passion for excellence, a love for learning,
enjoys mentoring other technical staff, and has a steadfast desire
for achieving results. As part of a new team centered on building a
community and ecosystem around the entity platform, you'll advance
the vision through the offering of programmability. You will enable
developers to create personalized experiences by building tooling,
APIs, and infrastructure as code. Opportunity to work from a remote
office may be available depending on applicant location. The
Mission Consider the state of today's technology landscape. The
variety, complexity, and scale increase on a daily basis. As a
result, understanding and managing today's infrastructure and
applications has become increasingly challenging. Enter New Relic's
entity-based platform, which enriches customer telemetry data by
connecting it to standardized metadata. What does that mean? In
essence if it can be observed, it's an entity; from servers, to
applications, infrastructure, services, and really anything that
can generate data. Our mission, which could be yours, is to help
customers make sense of their data. What You'll Do
- Deeply understand our customers, who are developers like
- Develop a mastery of our platform.
- Engineer well designed and highly scalable and resilient
- Evolve the platform, such that as far as customers can tell, a
special kind of magic is occurring when making it easy to derive
insight into their world.
- Extend and automate the platform through GraphQL APIs,
Developer/DevOps tooling (IDEs, SDKs, CLIs), and leverage
technologies such as Terraform, Kubernetes, and Ansible.
- Utilize and leverage Agile practices to deliver value early and
- Participate in architectural definitions with a high degree of
innovation and creativity.
- Working in an agile environment with a DevOps approach-teams
build and maintain their own software, including taking turns with
- Use all of the above to deliver joy to our customers! Your
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- 2+ years utilizing Agile development practices, with a deep
understanding of its concepts.
- 1+ years in working on and/or with GraphQL.
- Advanced expertise in one or more of the following languages:
Elixir, Kotlin, Java, GO.
- Expert level understanding of platform software capabilities
and architecture (APIs, queues, caches, etc---).
- Expertise in software engineering design and
- Experience with distributed systems, concurrency, and scaling
in a production environment.
- Being comfortable in a fast-paced environment focused on
delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile
techniques, tools and methodologies.
- Having a collaborative work style that includes colleagues in
important decisions and leads to shared code ownership.
- Experience in technical mentorship and support for helping
level-up the skills on the team.
- Strong interpersonal savvy, including strong communication
- Experience in building command line interfaces, SDKs, CI/CD
automation, and DevOps automation.
- Experience/familiarity with working on a project that is open
- Understanding of the value that build and test automation
brings to a development team's efficiency and reliability and are
passionate about applying these techniques to your projects.
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, and Kubernetes. Please note
that visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Our
Office Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated
in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy
easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee.
We provide competitive compensation including equity and
big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)-all while maintaining
the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up. About Us New Relic
(NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers,
engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what's
happening in today's complex software environments. So they can
find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences
for their customers. That's why the world's best engineering teams
rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their
software. It's the simplest, most powerful cloud-based
observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All
from one place. Founded in 2008, we're a global company passionate
about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of
belonging, where every 'Relic' can bring their whole self to work
and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We're consistently
recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to
building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For
more information, visit newrelic.com. Our Hiring Process New Relic
takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of
customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons
hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work
and to complete employment eligibility verification. We will
consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable
law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs
through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not
accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay
fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a
signed agreement with New Relic. New Relic is an equal opportunity
employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without
regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age,
sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic
Read more here:
You have been redirected to a New Relic job page
Keywords: New Relic, Hartford , Senior Software Engineer- Java/ Elixir -Entity Synthesis (Re, IT / Software / Systems , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!