Data Analyst (PowerBI, Qlik View, Qlik Sense, SQL
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Data Analyst (PowerBI, Qlik View, Qlik Sense, SQL) Job ID:
Job Category: Technology
Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: Nationwide
Posted Date: December 10, 2020
Apply Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it. Target Openings 1
Job Description Summary The Data Analyst is responsible
for/involved in all aspects of the life of a specific
system/application. May include: evaluation of system enhancement
requests, requirements development and documentation, testing and
implementation; production support/troubleshooting, maintenance of
system documentation, training responding to customer concerns and
communicating results. Responsible to assess and communicate
impacts of changes to the application or system domain. Possesses
strong knowledge of a particular business capability, product or
system domain. Utilizing knowledge of the business and the specific
application(s), identifies system opportunities to support business
needs. May specialize in a particular technology or skill. This job
typically does not lead others., but may act as a team lead
coordinating multiple change requests or large enhancements. May
provide limited coaching to less experienced team members. Primary
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Production support/troubleshooting:
- Facilitate troubleshooting and defect resolution. This includes
requesting resources, migration through environments and ticket
- Effectively communicates status of enhancements, change
requests and defects. May manage change, defect and enhancement
request process and assignment of approved work.
- Documentation and Training:
- Maintains documentation of current state systems.
- Assists in development of training materials and business
- Evaluates requests for projects and enhancements.
- May make recommendations for operational process improvements
and/or system enhancements.
- Elicits documents and validates requirements for change
requests and enhancements to capabilities, products or
- May act as project manager for enhancements or new
- Helps identify appropriate subject matter experts and
stakeholders to participate in requirements sessions.
- Utilizes business and system knowledge to support business
- Applies knowledge of a particular business capability, product
and/or system domain and communicates impact of changes to current
state business process, products, data, feeds and systems.
- May provide input into departmental or divisional planning
process. Provides subject matter expertise and capabilities to
Business and IT Projects.
- Simultaneously support multiple projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of experience supporting business technology systems
required. Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, MIS, or other related field
- Three years of experience supporting business technology
- Working Knowledge in Microsoft Suite of products including
Word, Excel, Access, Teams, OneNote, SharePoint, Outlook,
PowerPoint. Skype preferred.
- Exposure to Salesforce preferred.
- Knowledge and use of Agile project management tools i.e. Rally
- Knowledge and use of collaboration tools such as Zoom etc.
- Knowledge and use of Lotus Notes highly preferred.
- Knowledge and use of business analytic tools PowerBI, Qlik
View, Qlik Sense, SQL highly preferred. Job Specific Technical
Skills & Competencies:
- Business Perspective (Intermediate): Uses knowledge of internal
and external factors impacting the property casualty industry to
- Technology (Intermediate): Uses proper Agile methodology for
documentation and testing. Uses, leverages and maintains
proficiency with corporate and job specific technology as it
evolves (e.g., hardware, software, business unit applications and
- Analytical Thinking (Basic): Identifies current or future
problems or opportunities, analyzes, synthesize and compares
information to understand issues, identifies cause/effect
relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound
- Relationship Management (Basic): Seeks out, builds, fosters and
maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet
goals and achieve results.
- Communication (Basic): Demonstrates effective verbal, written,
and listening communication skills.
- Facilitation (Basic): Uses and adjusts style and technique to
assist group process and understanding.
- Teamwork (Intermediate): Work within a diverse team of
individuals on and offshore with resources of differing levels of
experience. (Both formally and informally)
- Works together in situations when actions are interdependent
and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
- Conflict Management (Basic): Brings conflicts into the open and
resolves them collaboratively.
- Change Management / Resilience (Basic): Remains energized and
focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Risk Taking (Basic): Identifies, assesses, manages and takes
intelligent risks to attain objectives. Employment Practices
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
differences.-- If you have questions regarding the physical
requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist
you. Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level
above or below the level included in this posting. Careers at
Travelers When you work at Travelers, life's most important moments
become your life's work. That means helping families feel secure,
businesses to prosper, knowing that you've made a difference, and
feeling like you belong to something bigger. It also means being
part of a team comprised of 30,000 + talented and passionate people
that are evolving to meet changing needs - from customer service to
data science and beyond. If that's more than you imagined in an
insurance career, it's time to join us at Travelers.
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Hartford , Data Analyst (PowerBI, Qlik View, Qlik Sense, SQL, IT / Software / Systems , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!