Senior Power BI Developer
Company: Cognizant Technology Solutions
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Senior Power BI Developer
Bachelors in science , engineering or equivalent
Project Planning and Setup:
- Understand the project scope, identify activities/ tasks, task
level estimates, schedule, dependencies, risks and provide inputs
to Module Lead for review.
- Provide inputs to testing strategy, configuration, deployment,
hardware/software requirement etc.
- Review plan and provide feedback on gaps, timeline and
execution feasibility etc as required in the project.
- Participate in KT sessions conducted by customer/ other
business teams and provide feedback on requirements.
Requirement Understanding and Analysis:
- Analyze functional/non functional requirements and seek
clarifications for better understanding of requirements.
- Based on understanding of system upstream & downstream, provide
feedback and inputs on gaps in requirements and technical
feasibility of requirements.
- Prepare the LLD/ detailed design documents based on HLD and
briefing from Module Lead.
- Seek inputs from the developers on specific modules as
- Consolidate all modules and provide to Module Lead/ Architects/
Designers for review.
- Suggest changes in design on technical grounds.
- Develop components inventory for the code to be developed tying
it to the nonfunctional requirements.
- Perform sampling of data to understand the character/ quality
of the data (project dependent in the absence of data analyst or
- Identify tools and technologies to be used in the project as
well as reusable objects that could be customized for the
- Follow coding standards and best practices to develop code and
check code quality.
- Share developed code with supervisor for review.
- Rework on the code based on inputs if required.
- Perform complex integration.
- Guide the developers in identifying, preparing and conducting
unit test cases and fixing defects based on results.
- Consolidate the test results and share with supervisor.
- Provide periodic status update to supervisor and highlight /
recommend any changes in design based on challenges faced.
- Anticipate unreported defects and raise the same to supervisor.
- Conduct technical troubleshooting.
- Conduct reviews for codes created by team.
- Develop unit test case for each module.
- Conduct/ guide conducting of unit and integration testing and
- Review/ approve code to be moved to testing environment.
- Provide support to the QA team and coordinate for various
phases of testing.
- Address queries raised by QA within defined timelines.
- Investigate critical defects and establish need for fixing.
- Raise issues to leads/QA.
- Report defect status as per project standard process within
- Share revised code with supervisor for review.
- Assist team lead and project manager on estimates around defect
- Maintain versions of the code or consolidate version maintained
by the Developers.
- Provide support as required to the Administrators during
configuration, code backups, deployment etc.
- Assess and create deployment/ roll back plan.
- Validate if all the components have been migrated and the right
version is checked in.
- Maintain deployment tracker.
- Perform sanity checks post deployment to ensure smooth
- Share activity status with supervisor and highlight concerns if
Project Execution Monitoring & closure (Support to Project
- Monitor work of the developers and share work achieved with
- Provide guidance through SDLC.
- Provide status of progress to leads.
- In case of change requests, provide inputs on the plan.
Service Support and Maintenance:
Specific to production and maintenance support:
- Provide support for 1 week and hand over to production team.
- Identify if the incoming request is a service request/ defect
during the warranty or an incident.
- If it is code defect in the warranty, highlight to Lead and
initiate defect fix process.
- Post warranty, support in transition to maintenance team.
- Post release participate in project review call and discuss
points on what went well and what didn't.
- Create and update knowledge articles (case studies, lessons
learnt) in the knowledge management repository.
- Guide developers in creating such documents.
- Publish white papers/ blogs/ articles (if required).
- Conduct training through academy or internally within the team.
- Conduct technical, face to face interviews for internal
transfer or external hiring.
- Provide feedback on Developers form technical /domain
standpoint to the module lead.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Dec 22 2021
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading
professional services companies, transforming clients' business,
operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique
industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build
and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in
the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is
consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world.
Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at
www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by
video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to
present their current state or government issued ID during each
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation
to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email
CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact
Keywords: Cognizant Technology Solutions, Hartford , Senior Power BI Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!