COBOL / DB2 developer
Company: Crescens Inc.
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Job title : COBOL / DB2 developer
Location : Hartford, CT
Duration : 12+ months
Type : Contract
** Hybrid Position**
**Candidate -must -be able to come in the office 2 days every 2
weeks or 1 day per week**
Job description :
- The candidate will serve in the capacity of an application
COBOL/DB2 developer. Participating in various SDLC processes
including requirements verification, design and development,
testing, maintenance, and support activities per the direction of
- The specific focus of this candidate will be part of the
mainframe development team which supports existing LINK and other
Legacy applications. Specifically, the candidate will be
responsible for maintaining batch and business to business
interfaces applications and supporting SOA integration initiatives
and participating in the SDLC process which includes meetings with
the SI, verification of deliverables such as requirements, design,
testing, and environment configuration.
- Perform COBOL / DB2 programming and support for LINK batch
- Provide analysis/requirements to integrate
- Work on all phases of SDLC and create/maintain required
- Assist in the preparation of Quality Assurance planning related
to LINK batch processes.
- Assist to develop strategies for data acquisitions, archive
recovery, integration and implementation enterprise
- Assist in migration and integration of data and processes from
legacy systems to new applications and new technologies.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, and
- Demonstrated ability to deliver business and technical
- Must be very organized, pro-active and self-directed. Must be
able to perform with minimal supervision.
- Must have very strong abstract thinking and problem solving
- Must have very good verbal and written communication
- Work with the Application Development Manager to establish
goals and code reviews while meeting requirements of
- Work with management to supply input for key design and
architecture decisions, as well as work estimation and resource
- Provide guidance and training to team members.
- 10 or more years of prior experience demonstrating the
following knowledge and skills:
- Experience in developing and maintaining COBOL / DB2 batch
- Command level TSO, ISPF, JCL and other utilities (i.e IDCAMS,
- Proficient in writing SQL to develop test data and reports for
QA and project related tasks.
- Ability to work with reports using SYNCSORT and performing data
- Experience in Production Support. Able to resolve abends using
IBM Debugger tool.
- Experience with code control/version using Panvalet.
- Responsible for technical analysis and design, code and testing
- Gather and document system requirements.
- Ensures that projects are completed according to business
requirements and are properly documented.
- Proficient in database development using SQL Server;
particularly the creation of database objects including tables,
views, stored procedures and functions.
- Experience with SharePoint .NET / C# and OOP
- Familiar with Agile methodologies and manage user stories for
development iterations while maintaining a good relationship with
the business unit and customers.
Keywords: Crescens Inc., Hartford , COBOL / DB2 developer, IT / Software / Systems , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!