Senior Director, Software Engineering (Genesys, Contact Center)
Company: The Travelers Indemnity Company
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Compensation OverviewThe annual base salary range provided for
this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad
range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual
salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors,
including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the
skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the
candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our
comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also
eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.Salary
Range$139,900.00 - $230,900.00Target Openings1What Is the
Opportunity?Travelers is seeking a Lead Software Engineer - Mgr to
join our organization as we grow and transform our Technology
landscape. Individual will complete expert end to end engineering
tasks as well as manage and lead the development and work products
of software engineers. Individual will also plan and execute at a
strategic level, lead and influence resources and outcomes, lead
the design, development and implementation of significantly
complex, unscoped problems that extend beyond the confines of a
team, and establish software engineering best practices and
standards.What Will You Do?
- Lead a team of Software Engineers while role modeling
Travelers' leadership behaviors.
- Complete expert engineering tasks for impactful and
- Build and develop discipline-specific capabilities across
multiple teams, equipping individuals with the skills, tools, and
standard approaches to improve the overall quality of engineering
practices and skill sets.
- Assess skill gaps and develop mitigation efforts including
- Align work with business and engineering priorities to realize
- Build collaborative relationships with key leaders and peers
across the organization (i.e. Team Leaders, CoEs) to ensure the
best use of overall resources.
- Develop robust talent pipeline. Provide unique opportunities
and challenges to each team member to enrich development.
- Provide technical leadership, foster a team environment, and
provide mentorship and feedback to technical resources.
- Apply knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to
formulate solutions within the context of assigned efforts.
- May assist as an individual contributor to an Agile Product
Team (e.g. developing solutions to achieve defined business
outcomes) in addition to leading a team.
- Seek opportunities to expand technical knowledge and
- Perform other duties as assigned. What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- Seven years of programming/development experience plus two
years prior technical leadership experience preferred.
- Delivery - Advanced delivery skills including the ability to
examine and assess the effectiveness of software design strategies
and methodologies across an organization, the ability to devise,
apply, and share ways to ensure the quality, production readiness,
and continued health of complex computer systems, the ability to
incorporate awareness and understanding of work happening outside
of the team, and the ability to develop widely used technical
metrics that enable engineers to better understand and deliver
- Domain Expertise - Demonstrated track record of domain
expertise specific to Contact Center Technologies, such as: IVR
development, call routing, agent desktop, and connected experiences
through multiple interaction channels.Including the ability to
leverage expertise to improve company level capabilities within
domain, consult on business priorities and optimize value by
identifying business aligned solutions and thoughtfully and
practically introduce concepts and technologies from the
- Experience with Contact Center platforms, such as: Genesys,
Amazon Connect, NICE/InContact, Verint, Aspect, etc.
- Cloud development- Full stack development experience within AWS
or other Cloud provider platforms
- Must have a solid understanding of Contact Center
- Problem Solving - Strong problem solver who creates
architecture that is particularly robust against single points of
failure, both in terms of systems and people and looks ahead 6-12
months to identify areas of need and turns this into action.
- Communication - Strong communicator who possesses the ability
to describe technology concepts in ways the business can
understand, document effectively so that systems/architectures can
be maintained or built upon, collaborate across disparate groups,
helping to identify common goals and gain consensus, adapt language
to meet the needs of various levels of technical and non-technical
audiences and model and assist others in the practice of mindful
communication, active listening, and messaging.
- Leadership - Advanced leadership skills including the ability
to leverage internal networks across engineering and engage with
other leaders to solve problems and develop strong credibility
throughout the company as well as choose the most critical
engineering challenges and work to improve the entire engineering
organization by teaching others and sharing knowledge while
creating opportunities for others to showcase and develop
skills.What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or
its equivalent in work experience.
- Five years of programming/development experience.
- One year of experience of technical leadership.What Is in It
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members -
including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible
for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe
that we can deliver the very best products and services when our
workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve.
We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the
diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive
workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and
work together to deliver extraordinary results.If you are a
candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical
requirements of this role, please send us an so we may assist
you.Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level
above or below the level included in this posting.To learn more
about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit .
Keywords: The Travelers Indemnity Company, Hartford , Senior Director, Software Engineering (Genesys, Contact Center), IT / Software / Systems , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...