Company: McCarter & English, LLP
Posted on: November 16, 2021
LEGAL ASSISTANT (HARTFORD OFFICE)
- Transcribes legal briefs, correspondence, letters, minutes of
meetings, and confidential memorandum
- Types a variety of legal documents from rough and oral drafts;
relays instructions to other staff and attorneys as directed by the
- Prepares, maintains and confirms daily work calendars and
schedules meetings and appointments
- Reads, sorts and dates incoming mail and ensures outgoing mail is
timely delivered; if necessary routes mail to a specific delivery
- Enter time diaries into DTE when requested
- Prepare expense reports
- Answers telephone calls, transfers calls to the appropriate
person and takes accurate messages in their absence
- Assist other attorneys and secretaries within the firm through
the direction of the supervisor/coordinator
- Photocopy and collate documents for mailings
- Compile and prepare reports and presentations
Training and Experience.
- Three to five years of legal secretarial experience. Must type a
minimum of 70 words per minute.
Commercial real estate experience preferred
Knowledge, Abilities and Skill.
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern legal office practices and
- Considerable knowledge of legal documents preparation, legal
terminology and court procedures
- Proven proofreading ability
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS office including, but not limited
to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Use a personal computer and other office equipment
- Must be able to multi-task in an extremely fast paced
- Ability to type accurately and transcribe from a dictaphone or
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Note: While the list of essential duties is intended to be as
inclusive as possible, there may be other duties, which are
essential to particular positions within the class.
McCarter & English, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: McCarter & English, LLP, Hartford , Legal Assistant, Legal , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!