Company: Freeman Mathis & Gary, LLP
Posted on: November 16, 2021
A rapidly growing mid-sized national law firm is seeking an
enthusiastic Assistant to join our Hartford, CT office. We are
eagerly seeking candidates that have excellent communication
skills, problem-solvers, and willing to take ownership of their
job. Flexibility and excellent organization skills are key in our
fast-paced environment. The following set of success factors
describe the characteristics of those who are successful in our
Firm: --- Helpful, Congenial, Personable, Positive---
Unpretentious, Approachable, Respectful, Team Oriented---
Accountable, Takes Ownership, Corrects Mistakes--- Organized,
Timely, Confidential, Responsive (within 24 hours) Job
- Draft and review legal correspondence including thoroughly
proofreading for errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, and
- Prepares and collect conflict of interest checks, open new
files and maintain client files.
- Maintains attorneys' calendars with dates of importance.
- Familiar with State and Federal court filings, including
submission of electronic filings.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete
them under time constraints with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Positive attitude and ability to effectively communicate with
attorneys, staff, and clients.
- 2+ years litigation secretarial experience.
- Knowledge of iManage and Outlook is a plus.
- Must successfully pass a background and drug screen. What we
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and
- HSA and FSA plan options available
- Generous PTO policy
- 401K plan including an Employer Safe Harbor contribution of
- 1.5% Profit Sharing contribution
- Firm paid life insurance and long-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Year-end bonuses and referral fee programs
- Regular firmwide socials and events
- Positive firm culture Freeman Mathis & Gary, LLP (FMG) is
committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all
applicants and employees by maintaining a workplace free of
discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected
group status as provided by law. FMG complies with all applicable
federal, state, and local laws. Employment dependent on successful
completion of a background check.
Keywords: Freeman Mathis & Gary, LLP, Hartford , Legal Assistant, Legal , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!