Company: Diablo's of McCalla
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Job entails managing independent case load including creditor's
rights litigation, title litigation, and occasionally eviction
matters. Court appearances expected with high level of preparation
and competency. Will work with team of lawyers and paralegals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides clients with legal advice by conducting and directing
- Explaining legal concepts to clients
- Maintains rapport with clients by making contact with clients;
satisfying client needs
- Accomplishes work requirements by assigning cases, and
providing legal guidance to legal assistants; monitoring case
- Strong character and positive attitude are absolute
- Must have strong writing skills and be able to draft civil
litigation documents ranging from discovery to dispositive motions
and client correspondence.
- Think on your feet and quickly shift task to task depending on
- Make court appearances across Connecticut
- Write, review, and edit reports, opinions, correspondence,
articles, and other documents for compliance purposes.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed. EDUCATION
& WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws. Ability to analyze
case law and provide recommendations, normally acquired through a
combination of the completion of a Juris Doctor from an accredited
law school and work experience.
- Membership in the State Bar of Connecticut required.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and
providing a positive company image to the public
- Ability to manage cases independently KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, &
- Motivated self starter, ability to multi-task, detail-oriented,
flexible and personable
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Positive attitude and willingness to adapt to change
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and
analyze information skillfully.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; contribute to
building a positive team spirit.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve
and promote quality.
- Detailed analytic experience and organizational skills required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to sit for extended periods of time. WORK ENVIRONMENT: The
work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise
level in the work environment is quiet to moderate. This is a
full-time position Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm. We offer
a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which includes a
salary commensurate with your experience and accomplishments. If
you posses the requisite qualifications and are seeking the
challenge of working in a dynamic, growing firm, please submit your
resume. Resume submissions will be considered confidential. All
applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to
work in the United States. Because of the high volume of calls
received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for
consideration. Note: This job description is not intended to be
all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet
the ongoing needs of the organization.
Keywords: Diablo's of McCalla, Hartford , Litigation Associate, Legal , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!