Associate Principal Counsel, DMED Technology
Company: The Walt Disney Company (Corporate)
Posted on: November 23, 2022
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible.
We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology
and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our
movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media
networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that
delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the
world. Comprised of The Walt Disney Company's international
business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services,
including Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu, Disney Media & Entertainment
Distribution ("DMED") aligns technology, media distribution and
advertising sales into a single business segment to create and
deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around
the world.The DMED Technology legal team is searching for an
experienced attorney to assist with all aspects of its
technology-based business, including intellectual property and
contracts, compliance, and privacy. This position can be based in
Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY; or Bristol, CT.Responsibilities:
- Structure, draft, negotiate and oversee a wide variety of
agreements, amendments and other legal documentation in connection
with DMED's technology and related systems and services, including
but not limited to, software license and development, equipment
purchase, software as a service (SaaS), professional services,
support and maintenance, evaluation, reseller, procurement, and
- Conduct legal issue identification, analysis, and legal risk
assessment at a senior attorney level.
- Provide analysis and advice relating to technology objectives,
initiatives, and strategy of DMED and related businesses, including
counseling and collaborating with other colleagues on associated
intellectual property, regulatory, privacy, security, and other
issues, and internal company guidelines and procedures.
- Build relationships and communicate directly with other
attorneys, senior executives, managers, engineers, licensees and
- Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned
- Review operating practices and implement improvements where
necessary. Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum of six (6) years' experience in a law firm advising
major corporate clients and/or corporate legal department,
including structuring, drafting, and negotiating contracts, and
preferably specializing in technology transactions and counseling
related to software license, software as a services, professional
services, reseller, procurement, and non-disclosure
- High degree of competence, knowledge, legal judgment and
drafting skills in issues related to technology and policy,
including software, information infrastructure, content management
and delivery, IP ownership, data and privacy, open source,
maintenance and service level agreements and liability and
- Ability to anticipate and understand the implications of
agreements, contractual provisions, and related decisions on a
business, including identifying and assessing potential risks and
- Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and devise
solutions and strategies.
- Excellent writing, negotiating, and verbal communication
skills, as well as the ability to problem solve in an efficient,
business-friendly, creative manner.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to professionalism; excellent
attention to detail.
- Professional, confident demeanor and superior analytical
- Strong interpersonal skills and must be highly
- Willingness to take "ownership" of projects and think
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and work through
projects with minimal supervision.
- Superior organizational, prioritization, and time management
skills with the ability to execute multiple, high-priority projects
efficiently and effectively.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft
Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel. Preferred Qualifications:
- Legal experience in an in-house corporate legal
- Generally, tech savvy and able to learn new skills necessary to
keep pace with a fast changing landscape.
- Knowledge of NetDocuments. Required Education:
- JD or equivalent
- Admission to California State Bar in good standing or
willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel
Additional Information: The hiring range for this position in New
York, NY, Bristol, CT or Burbank, CA is $179,400 to $229,700 USD
per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account
internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's
geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience
among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may
be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the
full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent
on the level and position offered.
Keywords: The Walt Disney Company (Corporate), Hartford , Associate Principal Counsel, DMED Technology, Legal , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!