2VP, Actuarial and Analytics
Posted on: June 28, 2020
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities.
Thats Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent
record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers
and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be
full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a
Target Openings1Job Description SummaryThis position offers a
unique opportunity to lead the Data and Analytics Leadership Layer
and lead actuarial strategic projects across Travelers. The
position is an integral part of the senior leadership team for
Corporate Actuarial and is expected to contribute to building and
executing on strategy. This role is accountable for leading,
mentoring, and developing talent in the Leadership Layer for the
Data and Analytics community.
Corporate Actuarial works across the enterprise to ensure that
Travelers carried reserves are reasonable. It requires close
working relationships with business unit actuaries, as well as
business unit and corporate finance across the enterprise.
Strategic and critical thinking, strong leadership skills, a
creative approach to problem solving, strong communication skills,
and the ability to influence are critical skills in this
job.Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Develop and lead the Data & Analytics Leadership Layer, which is a
program to develop new managers of both teams and technical
projects. This role will take the program from pilot to full
deployment. This role will be responsible for leading multiple
cohorts through the Leadership Layer, including setting strategic
goals, leading the teams that oversee the program, and updating
Senior Leadership on the program.
In addition, this role develops strategies and drives execution to
achieve Corporate Actuarial objectives. Provides expertise to
enterprise-wide initiatives. Brings broad business as well as
analytics perspective to the organization to inform decisions and
direction. Proactively challenges existing processes and leverages
the enterprise. This role also has opportunities to volunteer on
CAS and AAA committees.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 7+ years of comprehensive quantitative analysis experience
- Project or people management experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- College degree in STEM related field.
- Actuarial Credential preferred.
- Leadership experience.
- 10+ years of quantitative analysis experience.
- Strong understanding of insurance products and industry.
- Demonstrated ability in actuarial and quantitative analysis and
- Exceptional influencing and/or consulting skills; able to build
consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and
translate complex information to senior leadership and
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Regularly challenges conventional thinking.
- Takes ownership of projects/portfolios of projects and meetings
and makes independent recommendations to influence business
- Proficient in Leading Self including exhibiting decisiveness
and self-awareness while also effectively managing ambiguity.
- Proficient in Leading Others including modeling the way for
others and forging synergy.
- Development of Leading the Business including actively engaging
in driving business results, broad thinking and promoting an
- Business Acumen:
- Has an in-depth understanding and knowledge of key business
drivers and disciplines such as: underwriting, products,
reinsurance, distribution, sales, operations, risk control, claim,
- Has perspective on the industry and developing trends,
including: technology, analytic methodology, products, and
performance of competitors.
- Is familiar with most other key business drivers and
- Relationship Management:
- Proactively build and own professional business relationships
across the Enterprise.
- Create cross-functional teams to generate and solicit ideas,
and drive consensus
- Aware of potential conflict across the organization and address
- Acknowledge accomplishments of others to broader
- Set and manage expectations with business partners for
portfolio of projects.
- Seek out diverse perspectives to effectively accomplish
- Able to introduce innovative techniques to both new and
- Leads and actively engages in technical/peer reviews.
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal
Keywords: Travelers, Hartford , 2VP, Actuarial and Analytics, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!