Foster Care Liaison
Company: MetroPlus Health Plan
Posted on: January 9, 2021
About NYC Health + HospitalsMetroPlus Health Plan provides the
highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx,
Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a
comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New
York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus,
Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc.
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest
public health system in the United States, MetroPlus' network
includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and
participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been
committed to building strong relationships with its members and
providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.--Job
DescriptionPosition Overview The Foster Care Liaison (FCL) is
responsible for high touch coordination between MetroPlus, Beacon
Health Options, OCFS, LDSS/VFCA.-- The FCL is a key position in the
Children's Special Services Unit. The FCL ensures the timely
enrollment and disenrollment of foster children to MetroPlus and
high touch coordination for all medically fragile HCBS
population.-- The FCL works with the Health Home Liaison to ensure
that members receive proper health home coordination services,
timely CANS-NY assessments, and appropriate HCBS services.-- --The
incumbent is in direct contact with care coordinators, health home
care managers and service providers.-- The FCL works with the
Children's Special Services' clinical team and Beacon, MetroPlus
Children Services clinical team to ensure that foster children who
are MetroPlus members receive timely access and appropriate level
of clinical care. Minimum Qualifications
- A degree in social work or related discipline.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and
experience, knowledge and skills sufficient to indicate ability to
- Must have at least 5 years of experience working with foster
- Must have thorough knowledge of OCFS' regulations, procedures
- Demonstrate knowledge of the different players and agencies in
the foster care field.--
- Expereince working in managed health care, preferred Licensure
and/or Certification Required
- Serves as MetroPlus' point of contact to OCFS, LDSS/VFCA.
- Works with the Children's Special Services and Beacon's
clinical staff to ensure the provision of clinical services, Health
Home coordination and HCBS services to foster children who are
- Works with LDSS/VFCA coordinators to promote and coordinate
access to care.
- Monitors appropriate care to foster and/or medically fragile
- The FCL works with the Plan's Customer Service, LDSS and/or
VFCA to ensure the seamless and timely enrollment and disenrollment
of foster children.
- The FCL works with the Plan's Health Home Liaison, MetroPlus'
case/um managers, Beacon's case managers to ensure that members
receive the appropriate clinical, health home and HCBS services
- The FCL works with LDSS/VFCA, MetroPlus and Beacon's clinical
teams to ensure continuation of care for members dis-enrolling from
the plan and/or leaving foster care. --
- Assists the Children's Special Services clinical team to comply
with UM requirements for the medically fragile population set forth
by the "office of Health Insurance Programs Principles for
Medically Fragile Children".
- Helps to generate reports of trends in grievances, appeals and
- Ensures the monitoring of care coordination, CANS-NY
assessments and HCBS services provided by Health Homes and HCBS
- Performs other duties as assigned by Medical Director, Director
of Children's Special Services and the Behavorial Health Department
Keywords: MetroPlus Health Plan, Hartford , Foster Care Liaison, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!