Applications Architect - Leadership
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Company Summary Taking care of our customers, our communities
and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Target Openings 1Job Description Summary This is a high level,
high visibility, individual contributor, technical leadership role.
You will grow your career and develop your skills helping Business
Insurance implement innovative on premise and latest cloud
computing solutions to enable our business to leverage technology
to solve various problems. Helping groups to understand application
architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and
leadership skills to launch initiatives on a trajectory to
success.The ideal candidate needs to be familiar with design and
implementation best practices for applications, servers, and
networks and must possess a unique combination of deep technical
skills and business acumen as well as a do-what-it-takes attitude
to ensure our business enablement for success.Business Insurance is
looking for a highly motivated Lead Solutions Architect to help
accelerate our growing business agenda and digital enablement. This
is an excellent opportunity to join Business Insurance architecture
working with some of our best and brightest technical team while
also developing your skills and furthering your career within one
of the most innovative technology unit in Travelers.As a Lead
Solutions Architect at Business Insurance, you will have the
opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad
set of technical solution supporting various aspect of critical
business functions such as customers interaction, distribution and
connectivity, and core underwriting while working directly with our
key business stakeholders. Your broad responsibilities will
include: owning the technical solution and ultimate success of the
capability; defining implementation architectures, developing a
deep expertise in both business process, and employed technologies
as well as broad know-how around existing applications and services
landscape; and being a subject matter expert on areas as they
related to customers, agents, and internal employee applications
and services leveraging technologies such as cloud/containers,
machine learning, user interfaces, security, and APIs. Primary Job
Duties & Responsibilities
- Basic Qualifications:
- 8+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with
- 4+ years' experience in at least 3 of the following runtimes:
nodejs, Java, .net core, golang, python.
- 4+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database
architecture and networking.
- Technical degree required. Minimum Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 5 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or
information architecture required.
- 1 year of experience as a technical lead required.Education,
Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 7 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or
information architecture preferred.
- 3 years of experience as a technical lead preferred.
- Experience managing others preferred.Job Specific Technical
Skills & Competencies
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of Financial Services Industry
and preferable in Insurance.
- Industry expert in at least one technical domain, vertical
and/or platform (Cloud Computing (Containers, Kubernetes/Docker),
APIs, Machine Learning, Distributed Systems, etc).
- Experience developing large scale application architectures to
meet business requirements in complex environments.
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions
to the cloud.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with
executives, IT management, and engineers.
- Strong written communication skills.
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal
and external organizations.Employment Practices Travelers is an
equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and
talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize
that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.If you have
questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please
send us an email so we may assist you.Travelers reserves the right
to fill this position at a level above or below the level included
in this posting. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Travelers, Hartford , Applications Architect - Leadership, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!