User Experience Lead
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Job ID: R-6393
Job Category: Technology
Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: Nationwide
Posted Date: March 30, 2021
Apply Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it. Target Openings 1
Job Description Summary Under general supervision, works
independently on projects and is self-directed. UX lead partners
with a collaborative, cross-functional team to research, design and
usability test digital experiences. Primary Job Duties &
- Serves as the key point of accountability for UX efforts on
multiple projects. Advocates for user-centered design
- May support the recruitment and growth of outstanding UX
professionals by providing coaching and mentorship.
- Contributes to a dynamic team environment through
collaboration, experimentation, agility, and vigorous inquiry,
while maintaining high expectations and attention to detail.
- Participates in the creation and evolution of design systems
and best practices that account for user needs and context, while
reinforcing brand values and standards.
- Ensures adherence to UX guidelines across projects.
- Informs UX resource allocation during ideation, prioritization,
development, and quality assurance phases of projects.
- Plans and serves as facilitator or observer for UX research and
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 Accessibility Standards and testing
- Conducts competitive research and analysis. Reports research
findings to stakeholders. Translates these findings into design
- Creates artifacts that include personas, journey maps, user
workflows, information architecture, wireframes, and interactive
prototypes, within project timelines and budgets.
- May manage vendor relationships for outsourced UX activities.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, psychology, human factors,
social sciences or related field or 5 years of User Experience work
experience required. Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Typical incumbent experience level 5+ years Job Specific
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Strong communication, organization, time management and
- Familiarity or basic understating of web-based
- Experience with wireframing / prototyping software.
- Experience in conducting end user research and interviews.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally Employment Practices
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
differences.-- If you have questions regarding the physical
requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist
you. Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level
above or below the level included in this posting. Careers at
Travelers When you work at Travelers, life's most important moments
become your life's work. That means helping families feel secure,
businesses to prosper, knowing that you've made a difference, and
feeling like you belong to something bigger. It also means being
part of a team comprised of 30,000 + talented and passionate people
that are evolving to meet changing needs - from customer service to
data science and beyond. If that's more than you imagined in an
insurance career, it's time to join us at Travelers.
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Hartford , User Experience Lead, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!