User Experience Lead- Customer Experience Design
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on: April 5, 2021
User Experience Lead- Customer Experience Design Job ID:
Job Category: Technology
Location: Hartford, CT
Posted Date: December 15, 2020
Apply Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it. Target Openings 1
Job Description Summary Under general supervision, is self-directed
and works independently on a program of work that is typically
large scaled and of high complexity. UX lead partners with a
collaborative, cross-functional team to research, design and
usability test digital experiences. Primary Job Duties &
- Serves as the key point of accountability for UX efforts at the
program level. Advocates for user-centered design approaches.
- Helps to recruit and grow a team of outstanding UX
professionals by providing vision, coaching, and mentorship.
- Helps to create a dynamic team environment by fostering
collaboration, experimentation, agility, and vigorous inquiry,
while maintaining high expectations and attention to detail.
- Helps to create and evolve design systems and best practices
that account for user needs and context, while reinforcing brand
values and standards.
- Ensures adherence to UX guidelines across programs and
- Sets UX resource allocation during ideation, prioritization,
development, and quality assurance phases of projects and
- Ensures research, visual design, information architecture, and
interaction design roles are adequately resourced.
- Plans and conducts user research, usability testing efforts,
and competitive research and analysis. Reports research findings to
stakeholders. Translates these findings into design solutions.
- Creates and oversees delivery of artifacts that include
personas, journey maps, user workflows, information architecture,
wireframes, and interactive prototypes, within project timelines
- May manage vendor relationships for outsourced UX activities.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, psychology, human factors,
social sciences or related field or 5 years of User Experience work
experience required. Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Typical incumbent experience level 8+ years
- Experience advocating for user design at an organizational
level. Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Outstanding communication, organization, time management and
- Familiarity or basic understating of web-based
- Experience with wireframing/ prototyping software.
- Expert in conducting end user research and interviews
- Proven ability to instill usability as a core value within a
large organization's culture. Environmental / Work Schedules /
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally Employment Practices
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
differences.-- If you have questions regarding the physical
requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist
you. Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level
above or below the level included in this posting. Careers at
Travelers When you work at Travelers, life's most important moments
become your life's work. That means helping families feel secure,
businesses to prosper, knowing that you've made a difference, and
feeling like you belong to something bigger. It also means being
part of a team comprised of 30,000 + talented and passionate people
that are evolving to meet changing needs - from customer service to
data science and beyond. If that's more than you imagined in an
insurance career, it's time to join us at Travelers.
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Hartford , User Experience Lead- Customer Experience Design, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!