Clinical Research Assistant
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Monday - Friday 9am-5pm
Work where everymomentmatters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work
with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment
matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticuts most
comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute (HHC CI) is a pioneering
member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) Cancer Alliance.
Through the bi-directional collaboration facilitated by this
partnership, community providers are better positioned to provide
state-of-the-art, evidence-based cancer care to improve the lives
of cancer patients. Together, the Hartford Healthcare Cancer
Institute and Memorial Sloan Kettering are staying ahead of
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute focuses on offering our
cancer patients an unparalleled network of coordinated services all
under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team
with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers
and physicians, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology.
The Clinical Research Assistant works directly with a Clinical
Research Coordinator, Unit Leader, or Research Nurse to coordinate
and/or implement the study and may serve as the point of contact
for the external sponsors. The Clinical Research Assistant is
responsible for completing case report forms, entering clinical
research data, and assist with regulatory submissions to the IRB,
manage study supplies and inventory. The Clinical Research
Assistant provides limited patient contact as needed for study. In
addition, the Clinical Research Assistant may coordinate
activities, training, and education for other Clinical Research
Associates, may assist with study budget and patient research
- Under the direct supervision of the manager and principal
investigator (PI), the clinical research assistant aids the
clinical research coordinator/nurse or core functional unit (i.e.
regulatory) to coordinate and implement the study.
- Assists with regulatory submissions (i.e. continuing review) to
the Institutional Review Board (IRB) and works closely with
supervising research staff or directly with the Institutional
- Board to submit Adverse Events, Serious Adverse Events, and
Safety Letters in accordance with local and federal
- Facilitates external monitoring visits, reviews monitoring
letters and works with the CRC, CRN and Regulatory Analyst to
ensure items are resolved.
- Provide training to other clinical research assistants, conduct
job shadows, draft job aids, tools and other materials to
- Participate in departmental projects as needed.
- Pilot or test technical systems or process improvement
- Maintains professional growth and development by participating
in continuing education opportunities.
- Bachelors Degree in Science or Healthcare related field,
Licensures or Certificates
- Good Clinical Practices Training Certificate, preferred.
- ACRP, SOCRA certification, preferred.
- Two (2) years of relevant experience in research, healthcare,
oncology or other science related field
- Two (2) years of direct research experience, preferred
- Certified interpreter in additional language, preferred
- Experience with electronic health records
- General understanding of medical terminology, specifically in
the Hematology/Oncology space
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this isyour moment
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, Hartford , Clinical Research Assistant, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!