Developmental Services Workers
Company: Catholic Charities, Archdiocese of Hartford
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Developmental Service Worker (DDSW) NEEDED
in the North Central Region of CT
(Enfield, Windsor, Bloomfield, Newington, New Britain, Somers, and
A Developmental Service Worker is responsible for the direct care
and coordination of residential services. This person will provide
care to residents with intellectual, developmental and/or physical
disabilities in a residential setting.
Position Types - Full Time, Part Time & Per Diem positions
1st, 2n, 3rd Shift. (Willing to work 3rd shift a plus)
Hours of Operations: 24 hours, 7 days a week
* Assist with daily living activities
* Complete comprehensive documentation of relevant data as it
relates to client care.
* Attend and successfully complete all mandatory
training's/meetings required by the Department of Developmental
Services (DDS) and the agency.
* Attendance, successful completion and continued maintenance of
the following certifications is required:
* Medical Certification
* CPR / First Aid
* Physical/Psychological Management Training (PMT)
* Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI)
* Maintain and safeguard individuals' private information. This
includes but is not limited to diagnoses, health record, and
1. Associate's degree preferred with 2 years experience working
with individuals with developmental disabilities or High school
Diploma with 4 years working experience with individuals with
2. Demonstrates organizational ability, communicates effectively
with individuals served and members of the team.
3. Applicants will be subject to criminal and driving history
4. Must have a valid Connecticut driver's license with no more than
2 violations in a three year period, subject to review. Drivers
History completed annually.
Catholic Charities offers access to a comprehensive array of
For Good Health: Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision
For a Secure Future: Life, AD&D and Long-term disability
For Retirement: 403(b) Plan, with employer matching contributions
for eligible employees
For Career Advancement: Training and development opportunities
For Work Life Balance: Generous paid time off, including vacation,
and sick time.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Free and confidential
Catholic Charities Inc., Archdiocese of Hartford is in compliance
with all applicable discrimination laws. All hiring, promoting, and
transferring is done on a non-discriminatory basis without regard
to membership in any protected class. EEO/ AA/ M-F/ VET/
Keywords: Catholic Charities, Archdiocese of Hartford, Hartford , Developmental Services Workers, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!