Company: XL Group
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Solution Architect is responsible for the coordination and
design of technical solution architecture from inception through to
delivery of a project, ensuring that the solution addresses the
business challenges and constraints and aligns with the strategic
You will report to the Head of Solution Architecture
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Responsible for defining the overall solution design of a
project, covering all layers of the architecture: business,
information and technical.
- Have an up to date view of the vendor market and proven track
record for delivering solutions.
- Support the product selection process and to help ensure
product selection is architecturally cohesive with the Enterprise
- Contribute to the development of Hybrid Cloud Strategy by using
knowledge of current state and a future vision of public and
private cloud technologies as benefits the needs of AXA XL.
- Identify research opportunities in line with the business and
IT strategy to propose innovative solutions that can quickly and
efficiently deliver project requirements.
- Clearly articulate risks and issues associated with various
- Act as the design authority for assigned projects and programs
throughout implementation in alignment with architecture
- Draw upon point expertise from the various domain specialists
(e.g. technical architect, enterprise architect, infrastructure
architect); responsible for ensuring the coherence and integrity of
the overall solution.
- Work with the Project Management in the vendor selection
process and ensure that any product selected is architecturally
- Work with Enterprise Architecture in the definition, design,
and delivery of technology roadmaps and guidelines.
- Manage architecture exceptions within the portfolio, including
identifying, documenting, taking through exception approval
process, and remediation where and when possible.
- Document high level designs for all change requested and
approved to be delivered.
- Review and approve detailed designs and ensure they meet the
intents of the solution.
- Assist the business with defining non-functional requirements
of a solution including operational support requirements.
We're looking for someone who has these abilities and
- Degree or professional qualifications and Solution Design or
Solution Architecture experience.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable explaining and
presenting solutions and rationale to a technical and non-technical
- Comfortable making decisions and recommendations and being
- A natural enthusiasm for and overall broad knowledge of a range
of technologies with an interest in Emerging Technologies and
- Ability to define Solution Architecture involving multiple
products & technologies in the areas of Enterprise Application
Integration, APIs, Enterprise Service Bus, Event-based
architecture, Document Management and Generation, Robotic Process
Automation and Natural Language Processing.
- Hands-on work experience with large-scale implementations of
Azure, including experience migrating applications to Azure.
Container experience with Kubernetes, OpenShift or other container
- A proven record of thinking through, leading and delivering
high quality solutions which can be used to communicate with senior
- Sound business and technology knowledge with commercial
awareness and an understanding of Financial services markets,
customers and technologies (experience within the Insurance
- A background in business and technology across the delivery
lifecycle (examples may include solution design, roadmaps,
investment submissions, governance or business and data
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business
units and with outsourced development partners to achieve
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated
ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to analyze problems
and develop actionable and appropriate plans quickly.
- Knowledge and active use of industry frameworks and tools would
be beneficial (e.g. TOGAF, Abacus, etc.).
- Knowledge and active use of Agile, SCRUM and Continuous
- Knowledgeable in Principles and Standards.
Keywords: XL Group, Hartford , Solution Architect, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!