Career Preparation Instructor
Company: Hartford Job Corps Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Hartford Job Corps, situated on a beautiful eight-acre campus in
the southwest corner of Hartford, is a facility that works with
students aged 16-24 as they complete a trade and earn a high school
diploma or GED. Full-time counseling is available to support them
in their job search. Most students at the Hartford campus are
residential. M-F 7:30-4:30 Salary $40k.
There is an immediate opening for Instructor CPP, reporting
to the Counseling Supervisor. Principal responsibilities are to
coordinate and implement the career preparation period program for
new students, in compliance with government and management
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct the career preparation program
and other activities, in accordance with corporate guidelines and
- Develop, prepare, and deliver career preparation lessons; use
variety of teaching strategies to meet student learning needs.
- Recommend an appropriate training program for each assigned
student, using background files, personal interviews, tests and a
variety of other assessment tools.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual
compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to student.
Prepare related reports.
- Continuously evaluate individual students attitudes,
participation, and commitment within career preparation program;
intervene when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Participate on student evaluation panels; prepare required
documentation and evaluations using CIS, as well as other systems
of documentation. Enter case notes into the CIS system as required
and in accordance with established timelines.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards
for a work environment.
- Maintain documentation and training records for each student
using CIS, as well as other systems of documentation.
- Conduct pre-arrival contacts with potential enrollees; prepare
and mail pre-arrival and safe arrival letters on a timely basis,
coordinate arrival activities with other center departments.
- Recommend and conduct training sessions and conferences to
develop proficiency among staff in areas of guidance and social
adjustment for new students; conduct training to familiarize staff
with all components of the career preparation period.
- Establish community linkages with local business, employers,
and organizations to provide tours and presentations for career
preparation period students, as needed.
- Assist in evaluating center services for students; recommend
modifications for improvement, participate in CDSS plan planning
and in providing updated information of career preparation
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff
and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps Zero Tolerance
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling
appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and
monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of
harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for
staff and students to work and learn.
Education and Experience
Associates degree and two years' related experience. Directly
related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education
requirements. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal
communications skills, and computer proficiency required. Valid
drivers license with acceptable driving record.
Keywords: Hartford Job Corps Center, Hartford , Career Preparation Instructor, Other , hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!