Lead Licensing Coordinator
Company: SDL/Language Weaver
Posted on: June 1, 2021
RWS Holdings plc is the world's leading provider of
technology-enabled language, content management and intellectual
property services. We help our customers to connect with and bring
new ideas to people globally by communicating business critical
content at scale and enabling the protection and realization of
Our vision is to help organizations interact effectively with
people anywhere in the world by solving their language, content and
market access challenges through our collective global
intelligence, deep expertise and smart technology.
Customers include 90 of the globe's top 100 brands, the top 10
pharmaceutical companies and 18 of the top 20 patent filers
worldwide. Our client base spans Europe, Asia Pacific, and North
and South America across the technology, pharmaceutical, medical,
legal, chemical, automotive, government and telecommunications
sectors, which we serve from offices across five continents.
Founded in 1958, RWS is headquartered in the UK and publicly
listed on AIM, the London Stock Exchange regulated market
For further information, please visit: www.rws.com
RWS Regulated Industries division provides a full suite of
language services exclusively for highly regulated industries such
as Life Sciences, Healthcare, Financial services, and Legal
industries. This includes language solutions for clinical trial
management and linguistic validation of Clinical Outcomes
Assessments (COAs), insurance, retail, commercial and investment
banking, compliance, mergers & acquisitions and Litigation.
About The Role:
Under the general supervision of the Linguistic Validation
Services Manager, to provide research and review of COA (Clinical
Outcomes Assessments) documents and other related forms as needed
per customer/client requests. Provide thorough investigation and
detailed summary reporting of instrument profiles. Provide timely
response to customer/client quotation requests based upon
information gathered during research process. Process requests for
licensing and permissions for COA instruments. Manage and improve
licensing functionalities and processes based on client feedback.
Serve as mentor and provide training for the Licensing team
members. Actively participates in meetings to report on
Utilizes problem solving abilities to uncover problems within
systems and to identify and suggest areas for improvements.
Analyzes trends, develops and implements creative solutions, and
completes projects as needed to ensure efficient operations and
processes. Serve as lead to department employees including
monitoring and assigning jobs and mentoring and training staff.
Effectively coordinates team projects or department work groups.
May serve as back-up to the department Supervisor or Manager, as
- Understands and adheres to company Quality Management System
(QMS) requirements including but not limited to ISO 9001 and ISO
17100 standards. Assists with root cause analysis.
- Assists the Supervisor and/or Manager of the LV Services
Department in administering the department's functions and
operations including ensuring all client projects are completed in
an efficient, accurate, and timely manner and transmitted to
clients as required.
- Assists in scheduling and assigning work within the department,
setting work methods and performance standards. Modifies work
assignments according to complexity and staff availability as
necessary to meet the department's objectives.
- Assists in evaluation of department members in a timely and
professional manner for ensuring their department and individual
performance objectives are met.
- Handles questions from Licensing team for the purpose of
resolving issues and implementing corrective measures as necessary
to ensure proper workflow and client satisfaction, escalating as
necessary to the department Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Handles questions from other Linguistic Validation staff for
the purpose of resolving issues and implementing process
improvements as necessary to ensure proper workflow and client
satisfaction, escalating as necessary to the department Supervisor
- Actively participates in meetings as needed to report on
departmental activities and project status.
- Research prior translation projects information required in the
completion of instrument summary reports.
- Complete searches for instrument records, licensing
information, and related reference details utilizing various
methodologies including but not limited to web, email, document
files, and personal interviews.
- Manage and improve licensing and repository functionality based
on client feedback.
- Must be innovative in approach to locate instrument
information, and is responsible for making a determination on what
does and what does not pertain to client needs.
- Collect and maintain all relevant information necessary to
complete an instrument profile and create summary data reports that
insure conformance to customer/client requirements.
- Communicate with company customers/clients to obtain
specifications and other information to provide accurate and timely
quotes, to ensure their needs are met and issues are resolved, to
describe company researching and archiving services, and to
maintain and expand customer base.
- Generate licensing quotation modules for inclusion in LV
- Provide follow through consultation with clients on changes to
projects, priorities, etc.
- Compose or generate a variety of materials (e.g. reports,
memos, letters, manuals, etc.) for the purpose of documenting
activities and providing written reference and/or conveying
information regarding the status of client requests and associated
- Analyze quoted project prices to actual prices for the purpose
of monitoring the accuracy of quotes and recommending
changes/adjustments to future cost estimates.
- Engage in ongoing training and professional development.
- Coordinate with the Finance Department to ensure proper
processing of invoices and payments for projects, as required.
- Provides support and mentoring for Licensing team members.
- Actively participates in meetings to report on financial or
other departmental activities.
- Conduct special projects as assigned.
- May maintain and update a comprehensive electronic document
library utilizing consistent file structures and referencing.
- May manage the document archive to ensure that all users have
the latest revisions of appropriate documentation in a timely
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to provide leadership for employees and clear
direction, goals and objectives in a respectful manner.
- Ability to communicate with, train and lead employees through
changes in procedures, etc.
- Ability to make decision and lead employees through problems on
- Ability to determine root cause analysis.
- Ability to find, analyze, interpret, summarize, and compile
data from various research sources.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate
appropriate initiative when making decisions and problem-solving.
Demonstrate flexibility and an open minded approach to task
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple simultaneous tasks
to ensure timely and accurate completion. Requires effective use of
organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to present information effectively, clearly, and
concisely both orally and in writing.
- Excellent customer service skills, including ability to
communicate clearly with clients and resolve customer issues or
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral
form, with attention to detail, and to work with minimum
- Ability to understand, apply, and use personal computers and
various software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Acrobat, Office 365/Skype, etc.), and navigate the internet.
- Ability to effectively work independently, as well as part of a
team and with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding
company financial and other information.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with others contacted in the course of work; teamwork
and consensus-building skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Library Science, English, Foreign
Language, Business, or other related field, and two to four years
related experience, or equivalent combination of education and
- Successful experience as Licensing Coordinator (company
position) minimum of two years.
- Successful leadership or mentoring experience preferred.
- Demonstrated project management skills including analyses,
planning, implementation, and evaluation of effectiveness.
- Experience with medical terminology and/or within
research/clinical settings desirable.
Life at RWS - We work hard together to deliver for our
customers; our expertise, professionalism and determination to
never let others down drives us to be passionate and serious about
what we do, deliver customer value, yet always adding a human
As a company focused on connecting people through language,
diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our company culture. RWS
is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we are committed in ensuring
that all employees work in an environment free from all forms of
harassment and discrimination and one that actively promotes
teamwork, diversity and trust. All employees have a right to be
treated with respect and dignity. RWS operate in a manner for the
inclusion of all - any form of discrimination is expressly
prohibited. Employees are selected and promoted on merit alone and
no other factors whether race, gender, age, religion, marital
status, gender identity or disability are taken into
We are proud to work in a company where all can succeed and grow
their career and while RWS operates in accordance with all local
employment laws, if local law enables any form of discrimination
this is against RWS company policy and we will adhere to the
RWS is an Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will
be evaluated for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, veteran, and disability status. For
more information about EEO/AAP legislation please visit:
Recruitment Agencies: RWS Group PLC does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward any unsolicited resumes to any RWS
employees. Any unsolicited resume received will be treated as the
property of RWS and Terms & Conditions associated with the use of
such resume will be considered null and void.
Language Delivery Operations
Keywords: SDL/Language Weaver, Hartford , Lead Licensing Coordinator, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!