Security Domain Lead, Cloud & Infrastructure Cybersecurity
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Do you thrive on identifying and recommending the best security
solutions in the industry? So, do we!
For the past few years, Avanade has quietly been earning
accolades as one of the world's leading Microsoft security services
Our focus on security has never been greater. Security is no
longer a 'nice-to-have.' Our clients expect us to help them with
their potential security concerns. The resulting growth of our
Global Security Practice is directly tied to the increasing demand
for security to be integrated in our deal pursuits.
Avanade brings industry and domain expertise to pragmatically
assess, recommend, deploy, and manage the most appropriate security
propositions (solutions) to help our clients become cyber-compliant
and cyber-resilient on the Microsoft ecosystem.
We are seeking a Domain Security Lead for a portfolio of Cloud
and Infrastructure Security solutions.
About the role
As a Security Domain Lead within our Northeast Security
business, you will be responsible for partnering across a highly
matrixed organization to solution and lead large scale, complex
projects for enterprise clients. You will build, implement, drive,
and execute strategies that result in business growth and increase
our client successes by delivering innovative security solutions
leveraging the Microsoft portfolio of Strategy & Risk, and
He/she will collaborate with Direct sales teams throughout the
entire sales life cycle to ensure positive outcomes that drive
innovation across our client's organizations.
He/she will advise clients at the highest strategic level with
big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide
range of business outcomes. He/she must possess exception
analytical, interpersonal, and creative thinking capabilities.
He/she will need to be ambitious, enterprising, and personable,
possessing outstanding leadership qualities, that allows them to
assume a critical role in the Northeast Security Practice with an
ability to scale over time.
The successful candidate will be a strong technologist with a
practical mind and creativity.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- He/she will identify opportunities to grow our market presence.
There will be a split across of work on delivering presales and
delivery components (mainly until architecting & onboarding cloud
- He/she will develop strong and positive relationships with
- Set Azure architectural standards and best practices for our
- Plan, configure, deploy, and optimize Microsoft Azure
- Coordinate with the client and key stakeholders to gather
requirements and design the solutions to support those
- He/she will engage with leadership and clients in strategic
discussions to provide outstanding cybersecurity strategy and
industry guidance to improve the client's long-term business
- He/she will lead and support the delivery of a broad range of
- He/she will possess deep understanding of security trends and
strategies for identifying security solutions to meet client
business, financial and technical objectives.
- He/she will enthusiastically contribute towards industry
specific offerings/ thought-leadership development.
- You likely have a bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in
computer science or related field from an accredited college or
university, and/or equivalent professional experience.
- 10+ years of cloud security experience across multi cloud
(Azure, AWS, GCP) in defining cloud security strategy and
architecture for monitoring entire cloud security principles.
- Extensive experience selling large Information Security
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with executive-level
clients, assessing their goals and objectives and the ability to
translate ideas into strategic and practical solution
- Experience in assessing and managing the opportunity and risk
associated with complex, large-scale consulting projects.
- Strong experience in implementing Azure native services across
Iaas, PaaS and/or SaaS Solutions.
- Experience in Identity & Access domain controls, data security,
- Experience of understanding and implementing Zero Trust
framework on Azure platform.
- Developing and updating cloud templates, standards, and best
practices to be used by multiple cloud projects
- Strong foundation across Microsoft Azure technology stack and
Azure security offerings and the ability to communicate security
and risk-related concepts
- Standardizing Azure Security best practices, processes, and
- Providing strategic and technical leadership for client teams
establishing cloud infrastructure design, migrating data centers to
cloud, developing infrastructure as code, or deploying cloud
- Experience in integrating the whole MSFT cloud stack of tools
to Azure Sentinel/Azure Security Center.
- Designing and advising against security requirements to support
cloud migration efforts
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Azure stack
including (at a minimum) PaaS, IaaS, Storage, SQL, NSGs, Redis,
VNETs, Availability Zones, Azure Traffic Manager and Azure Active
- Knowledge and experience with networking concepts including
subnetting, routing, routing protocols, firewalls, and traffic
managers (both local and global)
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the
capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions.
- Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to
work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary
- Ability to rapidly understand client's business strategies and
possess the capability to apply creative problem-solving skills to
deliver high impact solutions to meet their business needs.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them
to completion effectively.
- Client-oriented attitude and excellent interpersonal
- Demonstrated ability to be effective in a virtual organization
and expertise mentoring security team.
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry leaders' security
- Ability to work in teams and individually when needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with global teams and/or offshore teams to
facilitate project work.
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex
information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both
verbally and in written form.
- Strategic thinker about business issues across product areas
- Monitor, mentor, and lead teams to overcome roadblocks and
challenges and implement coordination.
Keywords: Avanade, Hartford , Security Domain Lead, Cloud & Infrastructure Cybersecurity, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!