Senior Manager, Leadership Events
Company: National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Posted on: June 6, 2021
We are more than an organization. We are a movement. United in
our collective power to do something about MS now and end this
disease forever. At the National MS Society you have the
opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of those living
with MS and their families.
As a member of the Society team, you'll work in an environment
that values collaboration, innovation, diverse perspectives, and
most of all a relentless resolve so people with MS can live their
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Development team as
a Senior Manager of Leadership Events. The Senior Manager,
Leadership Events oversees the fundraising campaign and event
experience, ensuring the assigned revenue portfolio reaches
budgeted revenue of $750K+. The Senior Manager will work closely
with volunteer leadership to acquire and retain donors and
corporate supporters. This position will support other leadership
events in market as needed to drive forward strong revenue outcomes
and event experiences.
Generates $750K in Leadership Events revenue while providing
leadership, accountability and direction for a volunteer team
throughout the assigned event revenue portfolio (80%)
- Develop campaign plans, fundraising goals and objectives that
support Society strategies; manage the implementation of
fundraising plans ensuring that adequate resources are provided to
successfully accomplish goals and objectives.
- Lead the acquisition of new donors and corporate supporters,
along with drive retention strategies to ensure campaign
- Procurement of auction items for dinner
- Provide guidance and leadership to a volunteer fundraising
committee, partnering closely with Event Chair.
- Collaborate with the Individual Giving and Major Gift Team to
ensure a unified approach to major donors who are also event
participants or corporate sponsors.
- Manage the budget for assigned Leadership Events ensuring that
revenue and expenses are effectively managed and adjusted
throughout the fiscal year as indicated or needed; provide progress
reports and revenue/expense projections to the Sr. Director,
- Use market research, industry and competitive data to analyze
and develop future direction to increase fundraising.
- Ensure high-end customer service for the Society's contributors
with timely acknowledgments and year-round stewardship.
Additional Responsibilities: (10%)
- Engage with staff and volunteers to keep local strategies and
initiatives in line with organizational priorities
- Ensure proper mechanisms are in place to appropriately receive
and account for donations and expenses.
- Confirm all donor records are accurately recorded into the
national database to facilitate donor recognition.
Volunteer Engagement & Management (10%)
- Increase the number of Society volunteers focused on Leadership
Events by recognizing and recruiting talent
- Ensure volunteer behaviors are aligned with Society Operating
Principles; provide timely feedback and coaching to improve
performance and behaviors.
- Motivate and engage with volunteers in order to build
action-oriented volunteer leadership committees for fundraising and
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
Minimum Experience/Skills/Competencies Required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive development and
- Previous non-profit management experience required
- Experience building and leading executive level fundraising
- Results driven style and proven track record of
- Proven success building sustainable corporate
relationships/sponsorships at $10,000+
- Thorough understanding and experience with corporate and
- Experience in preparing and managing significant operating
- Self-starter, motivated individual who can deliver on goals
- Ability to quickly build credibility within and outside of the
organization and make an immediate contribution to accomplishing
- Demonstrated success in building a productive, cohesive team of
staff and volunteer leaders
- Creative and energetic individual who functions well within a
fast-paced, team environment, which includes cross-department
- Ability to work well with volunteers, staff and a variety of
constituents is essential
- Outstanding customer experience and services abilities
- Superb verbal, written and communication skills, diplomacy, and
- Ability to manage and motivate groups, both internally and
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Advanced computer abilities (MS Outlook, Word, Power Point,
Excel, on-line fundraising tools, databases);
- Must have access to personal transportation, and be able and
willing to drive throughout the state approximately 15% of the
- Ability to work selected nights and weekends, especially the
month leading up to the event.
Estimated compensation range for this role is $56,000 - $66,000
annually. Final offers will be based on candidate geographic
location, consider career experience and may vary from this range
due to these factors.
You will have the opportunity for a highly competitive,
comprehensive benefit package that the Society provides to
employees. Your benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan;
Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match;
Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development
Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare
benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts,
Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well
as additional voluntary benefit offerings. We value continuous
learning and support your professional development through a
Professional Development Assistance plan. You will join an
incredible mission focused team of people!
The National MS Society is committed to building a diverse and
inclusive workforce. We strive to create a workforce that reflects
the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to
bring their authentic selves to work. We need you and your unique
talents and perspectives to help us write the last chapter on
Keywords: National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Hartford , Senior Manager, Leadership Events, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!