Certified Medical Technologist
Company: Iconma, L.L.C.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
- Provides information for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention
of disease by conducting medical laboratory tests, procedures,
experiments, and analyses.
- Determines normal and abnormal components of body fluids by
conducting chemical analyses of blood, urine, spinal fluids, and
- Analyzes blood cells by counting and identifying cells, using
microscopic techniques and procedures.
- Prepares blood, plasma, and platelets for transfusions by
conducting blood group, type, and compatibility tests.
- Ensures operation of analyzers, spectrophotometers,
colorimeters, flame photometers, and other laboratory equipment by
calibrating; completing preventive maintenance requirements;
following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting
malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment
inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to
determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing
and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of
- Conserves laboratory resources by using equipment and supplies
as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides medical technology information by answering questions
- Prepares reports of technological findings by collecting,
analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Maintains inter- and intradepartmental work flow by fostering a
spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to
infection-control and hazardous waste policies and protocols;
following identification procedures.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects the hospital by
keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Must be ASCP Certified
- Additional Requirements:
- Must have at least 2 years of experience working the lab
- Must have chemistry, hematology, and blood bank experience
- Must have Sunquest experience
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on
creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the
abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age,
sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.
Keywords: Iconma, L.L.C., Hartford , Certified Medical Technologist, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!