Medical Director, Psychiatrist
Company: Hartford Dispensary
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Excellent Benefit Package, including $10,000 Sign-On Bonus in
first year! Excellent work-life balance with flexible schedule, no
week-ends or on-call responsibilities.
The Medical Director shall be appointed by the Board of
Directors as stipulated in the By-Laws of the Hartford Dispensary.
The Medical Director is the person responsible for the program as
outlined in the Food and Drug Administration's Application for
Approval of Use of Methadone in a Treatment Program (Form FD 2632
(12/73); and as outlined in the State of Connecticut Health
Department's regulations governing licensure of facilities which
provide care and treatment for drug dependent persons, Section
17227-64(4) (b); page 9. The Medical Director oversees all aspects
of the program and provides direction and execution of services for
- Responsible for assuring that the provision of physician
coverage as stipulated in the medical guidelines of the Root Center
for Advanced Recovery's Policy and Procedures Manual and those
Federal Regulations under the Food and Drug Administration, 21 CFR,
Part 291, concerning methadone for treating narcotic addicts,
effective November 18, 1980, takes place.
- Provide or supervise medical and psychiatric services to
- Medication management.
- Provide oversight and direction for physicians, physician
assistants, psychiatrists, and APRNs.
- Oversee and ensure clinical programs comply with applicable
federal and state regulations, accreditation standards and Root
Center for Advanced Recovery's policies and procedures.
- Coordination of medical services for clients receiving
inpatient clinical medical rehabilitation services.
- Administrative responsibilities including staff meetings,
medical policy review, clinical case reviews with clinicians, and
ensuring physicians are enrolled in and utilizing the Exception
Request Process for medication take home exceptions.
- Serves as the CMS, CLIA Waiver Laboratory Director.
- Program Development.
- Ultimate responsibility for the medical aspects of the program.
Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal
- Provides guidance and/or assistance to staff on an as need
- Foster a team of compassionate care providers who effectively
treat clients in recovery.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Must have a valid license to practice medicine in the State of
Connecticut with a minimum of five (5) years of clinical practice
with at least one year of clinical supervisory/administrative
experience. Board Certified in psychiatry with previous experience
in a chemical dependency treatment environment.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
For all benefit eligible employees (20+ hours/week), we offer a
prestigious employment package that includes competitive
compensation plus a comprehensive array of benefits including:
- Work Life Balance- Flexibility: Great work life balance with
clinics closed on Sundays. No current on-call responsibilities.
Time off including PTO (4 weeks), three (3) Paid training days and
twelve (12) paid holidays.
- Health Insurance & Dental Insurance- with flexible employee
contribution options depending upon chosen plan.
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and AD&D - 100% paid by Root Center for
- Short-Term Disability - 100% paid by Root Center for Advanced
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with a 5% employer match after 6 months
of employment and an additional 5% employer contribution after 1
year of employment.
- $1500 provided annually for tuition, license reimbursement,
certifications or other educational activities, including 3 paid
training days for educational activities and conferences.
- Student Loan Repayment Program: We have multiple NHSC approved
sites to assist with student loan repayment programs! Apply
Keywords: Hartford Dispensary, Hartford , Medical Director, Psychiatrist, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!