Optometrist - Part Time
Company: Charter Oak Health Center
Posted on: June 6, 2021
JOB OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE FOR A
PART TIME OPTOMETRIST
Charter Oak Health Center promotes healthier communities by
providing quality, safe, patient-centered health care services in
medically under-served areas, regardless of ability to pay.
At Charter Oak Health Center, we like to think globally and act
locally. While serving our community, we are committed to becoming
a model for other health centers to emulate. Our mission guides our
work every day.
Charter Oak Health Center is seeking employment of an
Optometrist who is eager to work in a diverse environment. This
person must be friendly, a people's person and willing to educate
patients on their medication orders, if needed. The tech must
believe in the mission and vision of Charter Oak Health Center in
order to deliver top customer service.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide outpatient care for patients with eye-related disorders
- Conduct routine eye examinations, including visual field
- Determine each patient's visual acuity, field of vision and
- Take detailed medical histories for all patients, including
current and past prescription medications
- Evaluate eye-related symptoms, such as discharge, redness and
- Prescribe corrective lenses when required
- Refer patients to board-certified ophthalmologists when
required for more holistic eye care
- Educate patients on proper eye care
- Identify eye health safety factors that could impact vision,
such as working around chemicals or in front of a computer
- Advise patients about proper eye hygiene and care
- State-issued license for optometry and O.D.
- 5+ years' experience working as an optometrist
- Excellent customer service and organization skills
- Advanced time management skills
- Ability to diagnose and treat eye-related disorders and
Keywords: Charter Oak Health Center, Hartford , Optometrist - Part Time, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!