Nurse Educator (RN) - Medicine
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Shift 1
Work where every
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work
with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment
matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most
comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching
hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides
cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by
being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast
and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one
of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the
world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise
and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to
Functioning within the context of the framework for professional
nursing practice, the Medicine Nurse Educator, in consultation and
collaboration with nursing leadership and the Health Care Team,
facilitates training, education and development by assessing,
planning, developing, implementation, coordination and evaluation
of projects and programs for staff, faculty, patient populations
and the community. This is accomplished to ensure role competence,
compliance with regulatory standards, and to meet organizational
• Coordinates critical care CORE course and Step-down courses.
• Provides education for emerging disease processes and
technologies as needed by specific services (i.e. ROBOA, acute care
of patients with emerging pathogens).
• Assesses effectiveness of education and revises learning
• Evolve centralized courses for marketing to nurses outside of HHC
as a potential revenue-generating initiative.
• Collaborate with Hartford HealthCare education colleagues in
other regions to support the development of centralized
Connecticut nursing license.
• Bachelor's degree, Master's Degree required. (One degree must be
• Demonstrated clinical competence in areas of assignment.
• Minimum 3 years appropriate recent experience in an acute care
• CCRN preferred or completion within 1 year
• Education experience preferred or evidence of teaching in
• AHA or ARC CPR certification, ACLS
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, Hartford , Nurse Educator (RN) - Medicine, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!