Schedule: Part Time
Shift: Shift 2
3:30pm-12:00pm 2 days a week and every other weekend.
SIGN ON BONUS of up to
$10,000 FOR CT Scan Technologist Hired at Hartford
The bonus is for CT Scan Technologist hired to a
full-time or part-time
- $10,000 Sign-on Bonus
for new hire into a full-time, 36-40 hour eligible
- $5,000 Sign-on Bonus
for new hire into a part-time, 24-35 hour eligible
Work where every
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford
HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride
in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to
become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare
Hartford Hospital is one of the
largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a
Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its
patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest
robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for
Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the
most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world.
When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new
treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
The CT Scan Technologist is
proficient with all relevant CT Scan equipment and computer
systems, including PACS/RIS. Performs diagnostic and therapeutic CT
procedures according to established protocols while demonstrating
best practices in patient care to ultimately assist the referring
physician in diagnosis and treatment.
- Performs computed tomography (CT) procedures by selecting
correct exposure factors, algorithms and scan fields while
utilizing the assessment of patient age and diagnosis to produce
technically accurate cross sectional images to assist the
radiologist in diagnosis and treatment.
- Participates in complex invasive CT examinations by assisting
the radiologist or Physician's Assistant using proper sterile
technique and producing CT images in order to provide therapeutic
and diagnostic services.
- Starts intravenous sites, assesses existing sites and injects
intravenous contrast according to established protocols.
- Practices radiation safety through the appropriate use of
shielding, correct exposure factors and field sizes while adhering
to radiation safety standards in compliance with regulatory
agencies and requirements to protect the patient and staff.
- Accurately inputs data into the RIS by tracking actual
procedures to capture exam and supply charges, resource allocation
and other relevant information. Transfers correctly annotated
images and pertinent paperwork into PACS. Knowledge of Sunrise
- Works effectively as a team member within the department and
other units to provide quality service through pertinent knowledge,
communication, cooperation and collaboration.
- Demonstrates competencies, including knowledge and behaviors,
to meet age specific patient needs (e.g. Pediatrics, Adolescents,
Geriatrics.) and cultural diversity.
- Assesses physician's order and patient's CPOE or outpatient
requisition for completeness by reviewing the requisition,
pertinent laboratory results and the patient's chart to ensure the
correct procedure and protocol is performed.
- Performs and documents quality assurance testing on equipment
according to established protocols to maintain high performance of
- Explains procedures to patients to reduce anxiety and obtain
- Displays a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
Consistently demonstrates flexibility and good judgment. Consults
with co-workers and Unit Leader as necessary.
- Participates in various department duties and meetings
necessary for patient-centered service. Collaborates and
cooperates with others in and out of the department in support of
organization goals. Trains and assists new employees and
staff-in-training when necessary.
Exceptional benefits from a system known for exceptional care.
Hartford HealthCare doesn’t just take great care of its patients.
It takes great care of its employees too. Our benefits include:
• Competitive Salaries
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Medical, dental and vision plans
• Tuition reimbursement
• 401K with company match
• Ample opportunities for advancement
- High School Graduate required. Graduated from an AMA accredited
- ARRT credentialed Radiology Technologist required.
- Connecticut state Radiographer license required.
- CT Advanced certification by ARRT required.
- One year CT Scan experience in an acute setting required.
- Maintain continuing education unit.
- Knowledge of cross-section anatomy preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate.
We take great care of
With locations around the state,
Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career
development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization
on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies,
breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men,
women and children. We know that a thriving organization
starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits
program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment
matters. And this is your moment.