Assistant Nurse Manager (RN) - Operating Room
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Shift 2
Details: 3:00PM- 11:30 PM Monday thru Friday
Work where every
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work
with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment
matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most
comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching
hospitals as well as a Level I trauma center. Hartford Hospital is
on the cutting edge of technology & medical care and is home to the
Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the
most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world.
Housing the Northeast’s largest robotic surgery center, committed
to becoming the best in the country for patient safety and is
pursuing that goal by taking innovative action and creating a
culture of safety at every level within the organization.
Don’t miss the opportunity to be part of the new State of the art
Bone and Joint Institute at Hartford Hospital. The first new
stand-alone Orthopedic Hospital in the Northeast in over 50 years!
Our Mission is to be acknowledged as the regional leader in
patient-centered, innovative musculoskeletal care, providing
cutting edge care to patients in Connecticut and surrounding
states. The Bone and Joint Institute has 10 operating rooms.
We perform elective, urgent and emergent procedures. These
procedures include all orthopaedic procedures; to include total
joints, orthropaedic trauma, spine, sports medicine, and
podiatry. We are seeking a dedicated, passionate
individual who would like the opportunity to be part of a team with
a patient-centered approach, which brings decades of experience to
providing this innovative musculoskeletal care. We offer
competitive salaries and benefits, as well as a stimulating work
environment that inspires excellence.
As an Assistant Nurse Manager in the Bone & Joint Institute
Orthopaedic operating room your primary responsibilities are listed
• Supervises a work group to ensure that a high quality,
cost-effective product or service is delivered in support of the
hospital's strategic plan, and the function's goals and
• Models the effective, efficient operation of the operating rooms
by assigning work, resolving processing problems, collecting data
to monitor progress, and carrying an assigned workload or filling
in as necessary.
• Continually strives to improve quality and productivity by
identifying improvement opportunities, and recommending and
• Uses resources effectively and efficiently to achieve the goals
and objectives of the work group within established budgets by
recommending budget expenditures , monitoring progress, and
shifting resources to meet changing need.
• Implements and monitors departmental goals and objectives for the
work group, that align with the strategic direction of the
organization, by analyzing needs and developing
• Implements individual performance expectations; coaches,
develops, and provides input to performance evaluations to enable
employees to be successful in contributing to the achievement of
individual and work group objectives.
• Maintains effective, positive customer service relationships by
responding to customer needs, resolving conflicts, and educating
employees on customer service.
• Effectively and continually communicates with the staff,
management, and customers to facilitate the flow of information
necessary to the success of the employees and the work group.
• Actively seeks opportunities to model teamwork through
collaboration both within and outside the work group in support of
the organization's objectives.
• Assumes responsibility for self-improvement, in collaboration
with superior, by identifying, communicating and seeking resources
or instruction/validation to meet own learning needs, and is
self-directed in maintaining currency of validations.
• May contribute to the outcomes of the defined function by
performing the work of the function as required.
• Demonstrates competencies, including knowledge and behaviors, to
meet age specific patient needs (e.g. Pediatrics, Adolescents, and
- Operating room experience required, orthopaedic experience
- Current Connecticut RN License.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school (BSN required).
- BLS certification by the American Heart Association required
prior to date of hire.
- Strong Communications skills required
- Prior leadership experience and/or committee work
- Specialty certification preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, Hartford , Assistant Nurse Manager (RN) - Operating Room, Other , Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!